6 - Legs

Y/N POV:

The first thing we're met with is a small town eerily similar to my home. The streets have the same cracks but everything is so... off. The streets are empty making it all very cryptic.

"Alright stick together we don't know where the suppliers are," Miguel directs while looking at his watch to figure out our exact position. There's something drawing me toward my street. What if...

"Wander where are you going?" I hear Miles whisper panic. I continue walking ignoring the threats being shot at me by Miguel. I turn the corner and see the metal door to my "house" is cracked open. It's not possible is it? I slowly reach the door and peer in, causing me to tense immediately.

Inside I can see two familiar faces I hadn't seen in a long time. They didn't notice me since they're too busy counting money and ordering someone to move a crate into another room. I feel a hand on my shoulder and whip around to see Miguel glaring at me with the rest of the team behind him. He was about to speak but I shushed him and motioned them to follow me. I stealthily move a little further down the street and over a large metal gate. I knew this whole area like the back of my hand. I led the team into the shack which was surprisingly still present in this world. Once everyone was inside Miguel snapped, "What the fuck was that! You could've blown our cover hay caramba can't you just stay out of trouble for once!!" He rambled.

"Are you done with your tantrum? Okay? Listen up. The timeline here is altered. The two people in there are my parents but they're supposed to be dead. Something tells me they're the suppliers, it can't be a coincidence that they just so happen to be here in this house."

"And you're basing this off of what? Some hunch? Look I get it if seeing your parents has you nostalgic or something but there's hundreds of worlds where your parents are alive. You can't let that get in the way of the mission. This isn't some little fantasy that revolves around you, we're here to stop the anomaly, risking our lives so can you think about the rest of us before you spring in and pull some crazy stunt like this again?" Miguel huffed furiously.

Not gonna lie that mildly pissed me off. If he doesn't believe me whatever, I'll just have to prove it to his stupid face. "And if I'm right?" I countered angrily. "If you're right, I'll follow your lead," he spoke unamused.

Well this shouldn't be too hard. "Alright there's a back door which can lead us to the rooftop. If there's any clues I'm sure it'll be in the room that's up there. Let me go in first and I'll give you the sign when it's safe for you guys to head up." Miguel shook his head skeptically but reluctantly agreed after a second. "If this turns out to be a waste of time I'm sending you back to the spider verse," he muttered.

I rolled my eyes but proceeded anyways. I snuck out of the shack and carefully ran to the back door. I made it to the stairs and heard a commotion going on in the house. I ignored it and slowly made my way up the stairs. It looks like no one was up here. I jumped up and peered through window of the room. There was no one there but I could clearly see something suspicious inside the room. I looked over the side of the house which had a clear view of the shack. I gave them the okay and they quickly leapt onto the roof.

I quietly opened the door and revealed the large quantity of chemicals and guns lined against a wall. I knew I was right but I couldn't help but feel chills at the sight. These weapons were being produced in the very home I slept in every night in my own world. It was sickening. The team examined the various weapons and discovered blueprints showing the designs of different guns and blades. "Destroy the blueprints and send all these weapons back to the lab. We have to clear out before they realize we're here," Miguel ordered. I didn't even have the energy to brag about how smart I am because I was still stunned about the whole situation. My "parents" were producing weapons intended to subdue and hurt me. I could feel the rage boil within me but shoved it down and helped the team move the stuff around carefully.

"Hey are you alright?" Gwen whispered as we removed more and more guns from the wall. "Yea." I simply replied trying not to let my anger show. Hobie is lugging all the weapons through the portal while Mikes takes care of destroying the blue prints. Miguel is analyzing the formulas used in creating the venoms before ripping them off the walls and clearing all the vials on the table.

We work fast since anyone could pop in at any second. We were so close to clearing out when Miles decided to help Hobie. "Yo I got this one Hobie lemme take it through." Hobie protested and pulled the gun away from Miles. "No, let go Miles this is my job." Miles became irritated and slung a web at the gun pulling it back toward him. The two started pulling back and forth trying to take possession of the gun. These idiots are gonna fuck this up. "Guys stop it," I whisper yell. They ignore me and suddenly the gun falls to the ground not only causing a loud bang but also going off shooting a blast which hit Miles and Hobie. "Fuck" and "shit" is all they can say. It looks like they were hit with a stun ray.

However the biggest problem is our cover being blown. We can hear yelling and footsteps approaching us rapidly. Shit. Miguel opens a portal shoving Miles and Hobie through. He then shuts it quickly and ready's for whoever's coming. The door swings open and we're instantly met with various guns pointed at us. Two of the people holding guns happen to be my "parents". I feel the rage come back and swing into attack mode knocking the group backwards with great force. We swing through the opening and are now outside of the small room. Miguel lunges forward first attempting to take their weapons but is instead met by a larger group running up the stairs with similar guns. There's too many of them. Ok it's time to get serious.

Miguel seemingly tenses up as well, seeing as his claws emerged while he lunged at a group knocking them back. Gwen leapt into action, easily using her webs to snatch several of the guns aimed at us. Meanwhile, I let some of my rage take over allowing six spider legs to emerge from my back. I smirked and moved in on two specific targets.

"No! Es Ella!" The couple screamed in fear reaching for more weapons from their pockets. "Uh uh uh," I chuckled, "not today." I webbed them together but failed to notice there were even more of their workers surrounding the house. "Wander! Look out!" Gwen swung in taking a blow for me. "Gwen!" She only took a stun, luckily. I opened a portal and sent her through, leaving only me and Miguel. There were so many of them.

Miguel had taken out at least 15 but they just kept coming. I swarmed a large group of them and webbed them to the ground avoiding their rays. They had more than rays this time since now they were firing actual guns. I swerved the bullets and rays and tried to find an angle to get the whole bunch. I guess one of my parents broke free behind me and threw a stun grenade at me. I reacted too late and flinched, preparing for the blow. I heard it go off but opened my eyes to see Miguel heaving beside me. What the fuck is with these guys taking blows for me? "Ahh there's too many we have to go," he groaned.

"Miguel, I told you I can take care of myself," I groaned. Guess it's time to let the rage do it's work. I leapt into the air letting two more legs spring from my back. I snapped and moved with rapid speed firing web spikes in all directions. I raced around the house making sure I didn't miss anyone. I snatched various stun rays and let the culprits have a taste of their own medicine. They all cowered in pain and fear as I towered menacingly above them. I picked up every last one of the rays and weapons shoving them through a portal to the lab. I noticed my parents gazing upon me in horror. "Ha now you see what I can really do," I smirked. They whimpered in fear. "Never pull this shit again or I'll come back and kill you personally," I threatened cynically. They simply nodded erratically begging me to spare them. God they're so stupid. Fuck maybe I should kill them. Maybe I'll just-

"Y/N," Miguel called, slowly standing up with difficulty. Shit. I let myself get carried away. At least no one died this time. I sighed and let my legs decay. I slipped in next to Miguel keeping him upright before he ate shit. Those stun rays are no joke. "Let's go ," I whisper opening a portal back to the spider verse. "Que maravilla," he whispered wearily.

-