9 - Promise

A/N: another long episode lol

Y/N POV:

I hummed slightly feeling Miguel caressing my back softly. He ran circles around my stitched back which was basically healed. I opened my eyes and gazed into Miguel's soft eyes. These are moments that make the risk worth it.

"Good morning hermosa," he whispered. I smiled leaning against his chest. "Good morning cariño."

I didn't make an effort to get up wanting to stay like this as long as possible. My stomach brought the moment to an end releasing a loud rumble. Screw hunger for ruining the peace. Miguel chuckled, "you want me to order some takeout, or would you prefer a home cooked meal?"

I contemplated my options and decided take out would be the safest bet considering my apartment had no food in it. "Take out, I'll order groceries later," I closed my eyes letting Miguel choose the restaurant and surprise me. He placed the order and put his phone down turning his attention back to me. He continued tracing circles on my back so I decided to make conversation to keep me from falling back asleep.

"How did you find me?" I asked with my eyes still shut. Miguel's hand froze for a second while he answered my question, "You left your wallet in your bag and I noticed you had a California Driver's license with this address so I thought you'd be here." I hummed in response to his answer.

"So why did you leave?" He asked. I opened my eyes and made eye contact with him. I thought for a second before answering his question, "I told you I felt trapped living with my parents. Well when I finally moved out and came to this apartment, it was my first time feeling free. I didn't have to worry about someone searching through my things or barging in without permission. This was my safe space. I didn't want to give it up willingly. When my grandmother became ill, my parents basically forced me to move in with her and care for her. They threatened to cut ties with me and I didn't feel ready for that. I still loved them after all. So I moved to Mexico but I secretly continued paying the lease on this apartment because I had hope of returning someday. My parents died and then my grandma died but for some reason I still hesitated to come back. I guess after you hurt me I was really desperate for the comfort of home, I gotta thank you for that otherwise I'd still be stuck in a place I didn't want to be."

He nodded and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. We talked for a while longer. I told him about my parents' car accident and how my brother moved to Colorado with his wife after the whole incident. He told me about how he became Spider-man being tricked into a drug addiction and his DNA splicing. Nice to know we both had traumatic experiences but somehow still ended up mostly alright.

There was a knock at the door and I rushed up to get the food. I opened the door to the same delivery guy from yesterday only this time he was holding a variety of dishes and two boba drinks in a cup holder. "Hi! I have your food but um I was wondering if maybe I could get your number?" He awkwardly asked. "Aww sorry I already have a boyfriend," I laughed taking the food.

"Oh. Well he's one lucky guy. If he's not around maybe I-"

"Maybe you could what?" Miguel appeared behind me taking the drinks from the delivery guy. The guy pierced his lips not daring to finish his sentence. Miguel leaned on the doorframe waiting for any sort of response. "Thanks for the food, but do yourself a favor and don't trouble her again in the future," with that he closed the door leaving me starstruck.

He handled that pretty well actually. "So I didn't know if you had any allergies or anything so I thought the safest bet was to just order some variety. There's sushi, dumplings, spring rolls, pastries, some cookies and there were even cake pops since it was sort of a cafe/restaurant and this pink, purple, and blue one reminded me of you so-