Unraveling; One Knot at a time

AN: Incase any of you are having a bad day, listening to Atif's O Sanam cover solves a lot of problems. Or maybe I am being obsessive again XD. I was listening to this on loop while writing this I have no idea why, it wont make sense for others but idk, this chap is about comfort and this video is my go to for that.

You may have noticed I frequently bring up Mahi being exhausted in the story. He is tired very quickly in every chapter and that he sleeps a lot is also mentioned a couple of times. It is a repetitive element I know but I can not emphasize more on how the toughest part of depression, is the sheer exhaustion because you are wrestling with your mind the entire day. What takes normal people twenty minutes to do will take days for you. It is like conquering a mountain crawling backwards. You can sleep twenty four hours and wake up still feeling and looking like you haven't in days. Hence my use of the word exhausted every five sentences, might be annoying but bear with it XD, if you have experienced it you would know that it's not overstating.

Cute Mahi moment of the day, (yeah i know I am in a talkative mood last two days), when he made that 183 against Sri Lanka, the commentators were mentioning constantly on how they (the Indians) just needed to keep the youngster calm a bit in between and not hit every ball, like a kid who needs to be kept off a sugar high. First Viru was doing it, he patted Mahi on the head after his half century and then Rahul was patting him encouragingly. Man I miss this team sometimes though I never saw them live in action or on paper, was too young. But going back to the old matches feels surreal. Also you can tell my favorites are Dada, Jammy, Yuvi and Mahi. Its not most people's top five cricketers of all time, but their cricket stands out to me the most. They had such personality and typical to them only style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahi made a point to put atleast a good few yards of distance between him and the seniors. One, he had cried like a baby all over Dada and that was embarrassing, when he was younger and had used to watch Sourav Ganguly play with all that fire, he had not imagined he would be crying on his shoulder randomly in the future. Two he knew they were trying to get him alone and keeping an eye on him, Jammy Bhai had thrown discretion to the wind and had held his hand in the bus, it made him feel like a child though he knew they had good reason, even Sachin Pajji was on him the entire morning. To avoid having anyone else run his laps with him and keep looking at him with that X Ray stare, he had bribed Yuvi. In return for running laps and doing the entire practice with him and steering away others, he had sworn allegiance to any madness Yuvi plans the entire week. He almost changed his mind seeing the glint in Yuvi's eyes but between Sourav Ganguly squad and death, he would always choose to confront death first, thank you very much.

Sourav was onto Mahi's plans, he would have been impressed by the amazing slippery ability of the boy, had he not been at the receiving end of it. Somehow there were atleast three players between them at any point of the day. If he tried to bat in the nets besides him, Yuvi would be there. If he went to bowl to him, somehow Zak just happened to be practicing something crucial with Mahi. Rahul tried to do wicket keeping practice with him but apparently Mahi had already completed the drills while Rahul was batting. Kid was running circles around them and it was only the fact that Mahi had to sleep in his room, there was no way he was escaping that, that kept him from snapping.

On the other end Mahi knew exactly why Dada had not dragged him by the ear or something by now. He knew he was pushing his limits keeping himself busier than other players and resting only when there was no senior around him. But he also knew until night time he could probably play this Tom and Jerry game for a while. It was the night that was the problem. Frowning hard in thought he almost got hit in the face by Yuvi's ball.