Roads Not Taken

Does anybody know where to get A Century Is Not Enough for cheaper than freaking five hundred bucks I really don't have right now. Cuz I have read all excerpts on the internet but I really want the book man, I wanna hear Sourav Ganguly's thoughts and stuff from the man himself. This man never learnt to give up, never learnt to not believe in himself. People believe that his retirement was his giving up moment but guys it really really wasn't. He knew as well as the selectors that he was turning out one of the best Test numbers since his comeback. Yet they had put him on trial again. The Board hated just how much sway Sourav had, this was just their way of keeping him in check. And his retirement was his checkmate, they were not getting to humiliate him more even though they knew and everyone knew he was one of the best batsmen on the side that year. 

Also I really can't believe that this is 2023 and people still buy that a young new captain with the cricketing background of absolutely nothing and no former Board experience would have really been able to bring about a legend's retirement. Like guys seriously, the first person Sourav had called up after being put to trial yet again was Anil Kumble who was embarrassed when he had to admit that he had not even been asked for his opinion before the selectors took that decision. If Anil Kumble with eighteen years under his belt didn't have a say, how could a twenty seven year old whose international career itself was three years old? Make it make sense guys. Like are we talking about the same person who hasn't stopped smiling that goofily every single tme he sees Sourav Ganguly.

I do understand, he is not the most expressive person, but that just makes it seem like, every single small thing he says or lets out is actually a pretty big thing for him. And personally for me, in his career the trinity had the most impact on him in every single way. First of all he seems to be slightly in love with Dada, I can just imagine Mahi annoying him the entire day to do the captaincy for that last match. Then he remembers Jammy's wicket keeping, which Jammy himself would rather forget (And not to forget that getting scolded just once by the man impacted him so much, he never made that mistake again, changed his entire approach). And need we talk about what Sachin Pajji means to him, I think Sachin secretly indulges Mahi's idiosyncrasies the most. Like he constructed his career looking at the three most influential people of his cricket life. Cricket itself came from Sachin, the aggressive strategies (because Dravid was one of the most aggressive captains in ODIs) from Rahul and the nurturing approach to his team from Sourav.

Anyway enough with my rambling, I hope you enjoy the chapter. I think you all might have to put up with my update speed now. Mom is out of station, maid is sick for two weeks apparently, I too am sick but so is my sister and so we are just limping through the housework and ofcourse you know what hell college is. Whoopsie daisy I guess. This chapter is a huge step toward something, mainly the end. Which is why Mahi is getting this whimsical. Chapter name is based on my favorite poem- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. Leave your comments please, love reading those. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Mahi was dismayed by how his tour came to an end, and how soon it had ended too. They had lost the final to New Zealand, despite putting everything they had into the series, they just seemed to have an ability to lose out of nowhere. With this match, Mahi was effectively free for a couple of weeks while the team stayed back for the test matches. He couldn't make up his mind, on one hand he missed his home so bad, he missed his family. On the other hand, he had spent the last couple of months only surviving because this team had held him up. He had just started to control his mind again, relearning how he used to function, but it was taking too much time. He was secretly scared of what would happen if he was not with them. His path was split into two, and he didn't know which one he wanted to walk on more, and which he dreaded more. In his heart he knew what he was going to end up doing but that did not make the yearning ease in his heart. And then there was this treacherous whisper in his heart, a sliver of a thought for a third path, perhaps the toughest one of them all, which called to him just as loudly as it scared him away.