The Skies We Share

How do people say Mahi doesn't react to winning. Losing yeah I can understand, he would feel awful but logic wins over feelings for him and he would choose to look for where he went wrong instead. That is not a very visible reaction but he has had moments where it leaked out how much it does mean to him. When Jaddu won him an almost lost match, you could see his emotions surface, because he was realistic and had made peace with losing(read as disappointed that he couldn't deliver what he wanted to) but Jaddu won it for him instead (BTW man this guy is every cricketer's godfather now XD. They are ready to go to hell and back for him).

But winning? That man reacts to winning, it seems subtle but if you really look into his eyes it is powerful. There is a glint in his eyes when he gets the job done, it is a sort of fuck yeah, if you get what I mean. He doesn't let it all out. That part is true, most people get that mad energy off by celebrating like crazy. It is almost as if he absorbs that energy instead and keeps it in himself. I know I am probably not making sense but you have to watch him right after he wins a game to get it, if you try to understand the intensity of what it must feel like, you will get what I am saying. It is actually crazy, he buries that emotional high in himself and doesn't let go off that thrill. He became the finisher because he loves the thrill. This man is all about thrill, which is so strange because he is so calm and serene at other times. And somewhere on a subconscious level everyone can feel that power he has buried in himself, that is his attraction and pull. Because there have been many greats of the game who have unique achievements, but this guy is special. He is a mad genius, just because the madness is not visible doesn't mean it is not there.

Really just watch him closely and you will know what I mean. Though there is a chance you guys think I have gone mad too, which in all fairness is possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rahul actually was one of the few people who people didn't expect would hate being cooped up. But he did. He hated staying in his room, and he hated it more when he was alone. He was the reason why the team got dragged out for so many dinners. It wasn't like Sourav would say no to him and it wasn't like any of the others would say no to Sourav. He had definitely not misused that power to get his way on movie nights. He didn't know why exactly Sachin and Sourav, both people who liked getting their way, let him have his all the time, but he wasn't going to complain about it.

He also liked to think he picked and chose his moments to ask that of them all. Right now for some reason, everyone was feeling very chilled out, he didn't want to drag them out when they were all so relaxed. Sourav was talking to his family, so was Sachin. The rest of the boys were watching some romcom he was losing interest in very quickly. So quietly, he left the room. It was a good night for a walk anyway.

"Bhai?" he was halfway down the corridor when he heard Mahi call out.

He turned around.

"Can I come with you?"

He blinked. Mahi voluntarily spending alone time with him instead of running away?

"Please? The movie is boring,"

"You don't need to ask buddy," he smiled beckoning him over, "It is pretty boring no?"

Mahi nodded emphatically.

The hotel was one of the more beautiful ones, there were well kept gardens and fountains placed aesthetically along the walking paths, made for strolls like this one. There was something unmatched about the open skies. The moon was just a slight crescent in the sky with clouds scurrying across it. The beach was maybe half an hour walk away. The strong breeze from the shore combed its way through his hair. It could actually get a little colder if they went down towards the sea. It was a tempting thought but Mahi was in a tank top, he didn't want anyone to catch a cold before the match, so he decided to go down there some other night.