Cliffs and Needs

Rahul Dravid generally when praised: Oh yeah xyz played so well too in that game. SO talented that guy.

Rahul Dravid when Sourav's name is mentioned: I run faster than him.

I mean Sourav gets so much shit from Rahul I almost felt sorry for him. But then I found out that Sourav had tried two months trying to politely ask Rahul to keep and in the end, like the ass he is, he had straight up gifted him gloves and pads. Whether he said yes or no, he was wicketkeeping XD. I can imagine the exasperation on Rahul's face. They will also defend each other furiously but are the first to attack each other too. Never change you two.

Everybody talking about Sourav late for the toss stories, they are all like yeah he was making a statement, he was being fearless etc.

Sachin and Rahul knowing full well that this guy is incapable of being on time: Sourav is just being Sourav. No ulterior motive, man is just built like that.

Mahi had such amazing role models XD. No wonder the kids he chose turned out to be clowns too. He just searched for mini versions of them. He himself is a little shit. According to Sonu and as evidenced by poor Kevin Pietersen, he gets your wicket, he is never going to let you forget it. Thank Almighty he is not a bowler, he would be unbearable if he was. People think Sourav Ganguly made India a team of fighters etc etc. No. He built India into a team of insufferable brats out to annoy the other nations. They wish they could be as annoying as us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rahul woke up to persistent knocking on his door. He rolled out of bed, only slightly annoyed. He was a light sleeper, they didn't need to knock so insistently. It was Sachin.

"Mahi has a fever," Sachin cut him off before he could say anything.

"What?" disoriented from sleep, Rahul asked.

"Mahi has a fever," Sachin repeated. Rahul pushed past him and made for Mahi's room, now fully awake and worried.

"He is in my room,".

Rahul immediately spun on his heel to make for Sachin's room.

Sachin caught him by the scruff of his collar as he passed, "First go wake up Sourav. I am getting the physio,".

Rahul scowled. Waking Sourav up was a task and a half. He wanted to check on the kid first. Nevertheless he banged loudly and impatiently on Sourav's door while Sachin went to fetch the physio. Sourav blearily opened the door after a couple of very long minutes.

"Mahi is sick," Rahul told him, grabbing his arm and walking towards Sachin's room before Sourav had a chance to comprehend anything. Mahi was sitting on the edge of the bed resting his head on the cool surface of the headboard of the bed, his eyes closed. Rahul immediately sat down besides him and felt his forehead. It was indeed a little hot to touch much to his concern. Mahi opened his eyes drowsily at the contact.

"Mahi? How are you feeling kiddo?" Sourav kneeled infront of him, feeling his temperature too, his voice rough from sleep but a little alarmed at the heat coming off from the boy.

"It's nothing. Just a little cold," Mahi whispered trying to placate them. His voice however was contradicting his own statement, it sounded painful enough so Rahul could only imagine how sore his throat must be actually.

"Doesn't seem little," Rahul remarked. Mahi rolled his eyes, they worried too much, and instantly regretted the action as piercing pain shot through his skull. He winced.

"What? What's the matter? Where does it hurt?" Sourav asked worried. Mahi winced again at the volume of his voice, making the two men worry more. Thankfully Sachin walked in with the team doctor before they could make any other loud exclamations. They stepped back to let him do his job.