01.

Noah had been asleep during class, again.

It wasn't because he was slacking off. In fact, Noah was the kind of student who could fall asleep in class and still answer the question when the professor called on him in an attempt to catch him being incorrect. Most students assumed he was either spending all his time studying or he was just really, really lucky. Whatever the case, Noah didn’t really like his classmate Cody at all.

Don't get him wrong, it's not like his classmates were any better, but for some absurd reason, he just had a terrible dislike towards the boy.

Noah considered that it might be because, even though he was a huge dork, he was kind of popular since he was in a band with Justin Kealoha, who was widely known as "the hottest guy in school". The band wasn't even that good, Noah figured his opinion on it should be the correct one since he had far too many playlists to count, yet everybody else seemed to think differently.
He even had a blog, where he gave his critical thoughts on bands, and The Drama Brothers obviously hadn't gotten.. the best of reviews.

Cody wasn't a huge fan of Noah, either. Most of the dislike came from envy. Noah always got perfect grades, without even trying. It was.. annoying to watch him get straight As constantly while he barely got a C.

Plus, his band always had to fight with him in order to get the only practice room in the entire school because apparently, "We're a band! Go practice your guitar at home!" wasn't a good enough excuse.

And on top of it all, Noah had given him a bad review on his blog that he may or may not have been following on his alt account. Trent said that he shouldn't care about stuff like that because it didn't matter, but for some annoying reason, Noah's opinion was so significant to him.

The only people who can stand Noah, for some reason, are Owen, Izzy, and Eva, although Noah swears he can't stand them.

"Buddy!!" Noah was pulled into a suffocating hug while he tried his best to get his books from his locker.

"Hey, Owen."

"HI NOAH !!" Izzy shouted, making a considerable number of students deaf.
Noah glared at her, muttered "hi," and both Eva and him nodded to acknowledge the fact they were some-what friends.

Izzy grinned, "Listen. NOAH.. LISTEN. I have the single best idea to ever have ever been idea-ed." He cringed at the newly "coined" word. "But you have to hear us out, this once!"

"Spit it out already."

"What if.. and stay with me here.. you help me not fail this next test by helping me cheat."

"Oh, trust me, I'd love to! I have plans."

"Which areee?"

"Not getting suspended."

"Worth a shot. I'm gonna go ask Gwen! She's smart, right?"

Owen leaned back into the lockers next to Noah, trying his best not to stare at the sparkles and glitter (these were Katie and Sadie's lockers), "I think! You should try, Izz!"

"Alright!!"

Just because Noah assumed his shitty day couldn't get any worse, doesn't mean it wouldn't, because his path to his next class was blocked by a group of students, Noah cringed at the thought of their name, The Total Drama brothers.

"Hello, Noah." Cody glared, trying his hardest to be menacing. It didn't work. Obviously. Noah wasn't going to be scared of the short dork who can't raise his voice in fear of pulling the rubber bands on his braces.

But he glared back, hoping his stare was scary enough. "Harold, Justin, Trevor."

"It's Trent." He groaned as he muttered a few curse words that Noah chose to blissfully ignore.

"Right, right. How could I forget.. uhm.. yes? Is there something you need?"

Owen smiled in clear distress while Eva grinned. Think: western 90s movie, cowboys, the intese scene where the two main characters are about to enter a gunfight, tumbleweed is rolling, the music is building up to the eventual gunshots, but instead of all that, it's just Noah and the nerdy band fighting over the practice room.

"We'd like.. to end our ongoing conflict once and for all." Harold said, stuffing his Nintendo Switch into the pocket of his cargo pants. "Courtney says she's bothered by the amount of complaints she receives from.. both parties, so she wants to find a solution.."

"Okay. I don't really.. mind."

"But Courtney is going to be the only one working this case! We know you're vice-prez, so there is no conflict of interest!"

"Jeez Cody, you act like this is a courtroom.. "case", "conflict of interest".." Noah taunted.

Cody wasn't amused. He frowned, his eyebrows furrowed. "Just talk to Courtney, okay?" Whilst Trent tried his hardest not to laugh at his friend, knowing damn well Cody had spent last night staying up till way too late playing the Ace Attorney: Trilogy.

"I don't get why you won't practise at home." Courtney sat on her desk, straightening several documents, probably student council stuff, but God knows how many shit she's dealing with. This school is hanging by on a thread. "I get how you're super petty, but you surely don't like arguing with Anderson that much, do you?"

"No. Court, I--"

"Is it like a flirting thing? Because there are easier methods--"

Noah found himself blushing, which is stupid. "No! Oh my God, it's not because I'm petty and my homosexuality has nothing to do with this either." He stared at the wall, rolling his eyes. "Me and.. Anderson.. never in a million years. I have eight younger siblings, and my house is constantly swarming with nephews and neices.. they're not exactly.. quiet."

"Okay.. Well, I'm gonna have to figure out a whole schedule.."

"Can't I just bribe you?"

"God. I wish."