04.

best bass player<3
today is the day.

codykins<3
omg it IS !!! im SOSOSO excited im screamign

best bass player<3
btw are you going to go to geoff's party because trent is going to be there playing wonderwall because of course he is so the rest of the band should be coming

codykins<3
aaah i don't want to sierra's gonna be there

best bass player<3
so you'd like to go ??

codykins<3
ofc i wanna go ? HAVE YOU SEEN ANY MOVIE ?? that's where the cool stuff happens

best bass player<3
okay so you're going

best bass player<3
im gonna body guard you warding crazy stalker girls with my gay superpowers

codykins<3
r u sure ?? i know we're not exctly friends but i KNOW you HATE parties

best bass player<3
least i could do for writing that heinous review on my tumblr blog

codykins<3
you've reviewed TDB? i haven't seen that

best bass player<3
please codykins @emmettfromthelegomovieirl is so clearly you it hurts

codykins<3
i have no idea what you're talking about

best bass player<3
I KNOW YOUR MIDDLE NAME IS EMMETT SIERRA USES IT

best bass player<3
and who else posts just weezer memes or thirsts over batman villains

codykins<3
STOP

Cody giggled as he typed, obviously texting his arch-nemesis wasn't the.. best way to display his hatred for him. Definitely wasn't. But every time he got a notification, he had to stop himself from grinning, just normal arch-nemesis behaviour. Nothing weird or.. romantic about that.

And sure, Noah had potentially made himself Cody's date for the party, but in the wise words of John Mulaney.. we don't have time to unpack ALL that. Cody decided not to overthink about this situation. Maybe he should focus on.. other stuff.

Courtney and Noah were doing some paperwork shit in the student council room. Every other member had left to go home, but Courtney stayed so she could potentially overwork herself to death. And don't get Noah wrong, paperwork? Totally fun. But every single time his phone vibrated, he got mad it wasn't a text from Cody.

They were busy being boring when they both heard a knock.

Noah grinned, "Ohh.. I wonder who that could be?"

The door opened.

"Gwen? What's she doing here? Oh my God, I would've never--"

Courtney sighed, "Noah, shut up."

"Heya Court!"

"Hi Gwen!"

Noah watched in disbelief as Courtney's "Noah, be serious, we have work to do" face faded into a "Hi Gwen! How are you??<3" grin.

"Uh.. Mind heading outside for a bit? I've got something to.. tell you." Gwen looked over at Noah, who had his phone pulled out, definitely NOT texting Cody. I mean, why would he do that.. "In private.."

Noah continued to watch as Gwen pulled Courtney into an empty classroom.

And then he noticed Cody hiding in the hallway.

"Dude! Come out here! I can't reach the classroom window.." Cody whisper-screamed.

"Oh yeah, forgot you were so short."

"Shut it."

Noah stared, "I can't see anything either." He leaned closer to the small window. "Codykins, come here."

Before Cody could even object to this, Noah gently grabbed him from the waist, pulling him up. "Can you see anything?"

"W-Wha.. Uh- Um.. Yeah.. "

"Okay. Tell me what you see."

"O-okay.. I- um.. I will."

Awkward silence.

"OH- OH NOAH, DUDE THEY'RE KISSING. I REPEAT THEY'RE KISSING."

"WHAT. HOLY SHIT, LET ME SEE." Noah, carefully (Cody noticed), put him down, and tried to spy using his tippy toes. "HOLY CRAP? DUDE--"

Noah stood up straight and looked at Cody, "Our plan worked so well. We're genuine geniuses!!"

"Pfft.. Yeah! They ought to thank us once they're done!"

Then, the classroom door opened. "Dorks. Did you have fun playing CIA for the day?"

Cody looked up at Gwen, "We did!"

"Noah, you're such a child."

"Blegh." Noah stuck his tongue out at Courtney, "Maybe you're just too mature."

"Whatever. Come on, Gwen, walk me home. Noah, you can drive Cody home, right? We deserve some alone time, without you two staring."

Cody and Noah looked at each other.

"Yeah, come on, Codykins. If you're lucky, I won't make you sit in the backseat."

"Wha-- okay -"

Cody stared as Noah opened the door for him, "Ladies first."

"Fuck off, Noah-it-all."

"I like that. Did you spend a long time making it up? I bet you did."

Noah took notice of the blush on Cody's cheeks, "No! Shut up!" He looked around, "You have your own car, that's cool."

Noah let him change the topic of their conversation, "That's the bright side of having eight older siblings. They give you their old crap."

"Aw. I'm an only child. No cars for me."

"Is that why you skateboard everywhere? You act like the guy from Back to the Future."

"I don't grab cars by the trunk and let them drive me around.. I just skateboard from place to place.."

"Is that why you're always so late? We have first period together some days, and you show up when there's like, 20 minutes left of class."

Cody giggled, and Noah finally noticed how much they've started to hang out despite the fact he's considered him his enemy for so.. long. "Well, that and the fact I oversleep."

"Lucky. I'm always waken up by the noise in my house." Noah looked out at the road, "Uh.. tell me when we're close to your house.."

For a second, Cody forgot he was staring. "Oh- Uh.. right." And he continued to. Noah was looking out at the road, you know, being a responsible driver, so there really was nothing.. holding him back from doing as he pleased. Noah made it impossible to stare. He had pretty eyes, pretty hair, pretty lips--

"Take a picture, Codykins, it'll last longer."

"I wasn't staa-ring!" He groaned, because, damnit, he got caught.

"I get it, I'm super hot. It's super shocking you're not like- in love with me by now, but do I have like, something in my face or--?"

Cody blushed even more. "No. Y-You don't have anything.."

"Oh.." Noah seemed to blush too, before obviously adding an annoying remark, "I knew it! You looovee me."

"I-- Yeah right, Noah." Cody crossed his arms, "I wouldn't-- oh there's my house. You can drop me off here."

Cody studied the expression on Noah's face, he looked.. sad, no, disappointed? Whatever it was he was clearly trying to hide it.

"Oh- um.. okay. See you at school."

"Tomorrow's a Saturday."

"Oh.. Geoff's party? I can pick you up."

Cody smiled, "Yeah- um.. okay, cool."

"Cool."