08.

Noah panicked as he drove home. Panicked has he clicked on the contact he had of Gwen on his phone. The number she gave him, just in case. Panicked as he hit call, because he knew that he'd pussy out if he tried to text her about his problem.

"Noah? Are you there?"

He sighed, entering his house, waving at way too many people, signalling that he "can't talk. on the phone, "Yeah. I'm there."

"Good! What's up? She left a gap of silence for Noah to finish. He didn't. He was trying to find the words to explain.
"Is this about.. Cody?"

Noah could feel the blush on his cheeks. He was sure Gwen was grinning as she talked. He nodded, then remembered he was on the phone, "..Yes."

"Hm.. what's the matter? Did you upset him? 'Cause I swear to God---"

"No! No! At least I hope I didn't? Um," Noah entered his room. Closing the door behind him. He did not want his siblings and nephews to hear his incoherent confessions. "I happen to, uh, kind of.. like him?"

"Kind of? Dude, you're so gay for him. Don't.. what's the opposite of exaggerate?"

".. Understate?"

"Yeah, that! Don't do that!" Gwen didn't need to physically be there in order for him to know how annoyed she was. "So what happened?? Spill. Cody hasn't been telling me a thing!"

Noah's eyes are clenched shut. He is aware of how embarrassing it is going to be to retell what happened at the skatepark. Oh, the things he did for Cody. "Right. Um, we were talking about how everyone thinks we're dating now - and he said we'd make a cute couple! And I agreed. And then I said, "Too bad we're not dating!" And then he agreed! So I panicked, drove home. And uh- here we are."

Gwen was ecstatic, "Oh!! He said that? You two!! Adorable! Isn't that so cute?"

Courtney agreed from his phone. Of fucking course she was listening to this too. "You should tell him you like him."

"Cute! Aw, I told you this was gonna happen, didn't I?"

"You did, babe!"

"Ugh. I'm hanging up."

"Booooo! Okay, bye-bye, Noah!" Gwen giggled and handed the phone to her girlfriend, "Bye Noah!!"

"Bye."

After hanging up the phone call he initiated in an attempt to stop his overthinking, to calm himself down, he had more things to think about than before.

"You should tell him you like him." And other comments from the girls saying they were "cute" raced his thoughts. Sure, those at school who were supportive said similar things, but it's different when the best friend of the guy you like approves, since she's known him for like, forever.

Noah tried not to panic, again. Was Cody flirting with him? It sure seemed like it. But maybe it was just an observation! He's right. They would make an adorable couple. A great one. A fantastic, amazing couple-- Noah was getting sidetracked.

Cody groaned. Why did he have to say that? He was so stupid. Stupid. He skated home. Noah looked so nervous. He definitely made him so uncomfortable. Why did he have to say that? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

best bass player<3

best bass player<3
hey

best bass player<3
ur not busy or anything, right?

Cody's worried frown quickly was replaced with his signature adorable grin. He looked around his house, as if his parents were gonna magically appear and give one singular fuck about his life. He quickly typed a response. But Holy shit, was that too quick? Fuck! Now he's gonna know--

codykins<3
noooo

best bass player<3
I was thinking we play that game you were talking about

best bass player<3
we could get on call and stuff

codykins<3
YES

codykins<3
i meaaan that could be cool, whatevs

best bass player<3
good save, codykins