Meeting Y/N.

Keep in mind the trigger warnings, don't get mad at me when they are stated in the first chapter.

3rd person POV

Y/n was walking through the streets of L.A. Her worn and filthy shoes rubbing painfully against her feet.

Her stomach was screaming at her and her big brother who was waiting in the alley she called home was sick.

She walked down an alley next to a restaurant, ready to go dumpster diving for their next meal when a smell caught her nose, she looked over and saw that the small bakery across the road was putting covered loaves of bread on display, she walked over and looked around before quickly taking a loaf and hiding it in her tattered hoody pocket.

She casually began to walk away towards her home when she heard someone yell stop, she tried to run but fell, the baker came over and looked at her and then the bread.

Two people came running over, asking what was going on after seeing Y/n fall, the baker helped Y/n to stand.

"This kid was trying to steal, I caught her,"  The Baker said.

The woman looked at her boyfriend before pulling out a badge and introducing herself as Officer Angela Lopez before her boyfriend introduced himself as Wesley Evers.

Y/n started to shake, all she heard was the officer and blacked-out, not hearing their names after it. The woman was a police officer, if she got arrested then she couldn't help her brother.

"What would you like done, do you want to press charges?" Angela asked.

"No, but can you take the kid somewhere, to a shelter, she can have the bread but a kid that young shouldn't be out on the street." The baker said.

Y/n suddenly turned and ran, Angela quickly chased her, Wesley following somewhat closely behind.

Y/n took twists and turns until she eventually got back to the dark alley she and her brother lived in.

She went over to her brother and saw him lying on the ground, pale and unresponsive.

"Mark? Mark wake up, I got us some food" She said, gently shaking him, he was cold and his eyes were unmoving, lifeless and staring at her.

She began to shake him more, crying when a gentle hand was placed on her shoulder.

Y/n flinched and smacked the hand away.

"Dispatch, this is Officer Angela Lopez, I need an ambulance to my location, male victim, early twenties unresponsive and not breathing," Angela said into her radio, thankful that she was just on lunch and not off duty.

Wesley caught up and saw Angelas, crouched at Y/n's side, trying to calm her as Y/n cradled her brother's head, sobbing.

An ambulance arrived and took away Y/n's brother who was pronounced dead at the scene, the  EMTs gave Y/n a checkup, gave her some water and requested she goes to the hospital until she gets better, Y/N rejected them and walked away, Angela followed.

Y/N POV

You felt someone grab your shoulder gently.

You were turned now face to face with Angela.

"I'm sorry for what happened, it's never nice to lose someone and I could tell when I first saw you with him that you were close," She said.

The tears that had stopped were now back and they were worse, your knees gave out from under you right there on the pavement by the alley.

Angela quickly supported you under your arms as she sat on the pavement with you close to her.

You grabbed onto her as you cried, she was shocked at first but eased you into a hug.