A new home.

Heed the trigger warnings, always assume that each chapter holds all of them.

After leaving the ambulance you walked for miles and miles, determined to get somewhere you wouldn't be recognised.

You walked for weeks when it was only a few hours.

You kept going, you knew the feeling in your head, you were getting sick and your ankle hurt like hell, sure Nyla was friendly, she saved you, and so did Wesley and Angela, but that didn't mean you trusted them.

Eventually, you got to a whole different part of town, it was definitely shady but you managed to find a park bench to sleep on when it got dark.

--------------------

It had been almost a week since you had ran, Nyla hadn't seen Angela or Wesley because they had been out looking for you at the same time she was.

After a few more days Angela and Welsey invited Nyla to dinner to talk about a game plan.

It took no time for the conversation topic to land on you.

"The kid got away and as it turns out her step dad is a bad dude, he is the silent owner of the western drug cartel, has people from everywhere on his payroll, we seized his laptop and our techs are hacking into the database with names as we speak, we have given the night shift a description of Y/n, if someone finds her we will be alerted," Nyla said to Angela and Wesley.

"You said that the bastard has cops on payroll, how do you know that the ones that find her won't be bad ones?" Welsey asked.

"I didn't think that through, but I don't think it matters cause the kid just took bread from across the street" Nyla said, standing whilst putting cash on the table to cover the meal.

Welsey and Angela also followed her out after putting more money on the stack, not wanting Nyla to cover it all.

--------------------

You slipped the bread into your pocket before running, you heard footsteps behind you.

You looked behind you and saw Nyla with Wesley and Angela.

You took a turn, running directly into two men.

You fell down, landing on your back.

Suddenly you were staring down the barrel of a pistol.

"Get up, GET UP YOU LITTLE BITCH" One of the guys shouted.

You scrambled to stand, putting your hands up.

You took a few steps back so you were just back where Angela, Wesley and Nyla could see you.

They saw you with your hands up and stopped.

Nyla who was only about 10 feet away pointed to her holstered gun and then pointed to Infront of you.

You nodded slightly.

"You saw nothing, turn around and get on your knees with your hands on your head." The other guy said as the guy cocked a gun behind you.

You flinched, tears starting to make their way down your eyes.

"I saw everything asshole, and I know your names too, Jordan and Everett Peters, dealing meth on the street corners to kids is screwed up. It's screwed up, you kill people for money you sociopaths." You snapped.

You felt one of the guns touch the back of your head.

You flinched, your breath catching your throat.

You began to tremble.

"Put her down, kid will squeel to the cops." Jordan said before walking away.

The guy pulled the trigger but nothing happened.