01💙

LEE CHAN'S POV:

"I SWEAR," you can hear woozi hyung scream across the place. "HOSHI, IF I SEE YOU WALK OUT THAT FUCKING BATHROOM WITH MY FUCKING ASS CLOTHES, YOU ARE FUCKING DEAD AS HELL!!!"

"what a beautiful alarm..." i said as i just woke up from slumber. "FUCKING SHIT!! I WARNED YOU!!" it's eight in the fucking morning, and my 'hyungs' are screaming all over the place.

i walked out of my bedroom and saw woozi hyung murdering hoshi hyung. "good morning." vernon greeted me, with seungkwan arriving at the crime scene.

"what's good in the morning anyway?"

"oh come on, dino, the day just started. don't greet it with such an attitude."

"how will i not be in this kind of state when the first thing you hear and see is those two?" i said, pointing at hoshi hyung—being protected by wonwoo hyung, and woozi hyung—being held back by mingyu hyung.

"hey, hey, hey!" the oldest members of the group had finally arrived. "is woozi trying to murder hoshi again?" jeonghan hyung greeted.

"hoshi, stop stealing everyone's things, most definitely woozi's," joshua hyung said. "you should just keep on stealing scoups instead."

"hey!" of course he would say that. scoups hyung entered the place and approached the chaos. and here comes another chapter of chaos.

i'd be lying if i said i regretted joining this group, but after graduation, i definitely won't be anymore. for now, i will not say it but in the future, i'll be screaming at them about how much i hate them.

i will admit, i still watch cartoons, but i didn't expect to turn into lincoln loud with all this shit that is happening in my life right now. okay...

so you might be wondering how i got myself into this kind of shithole. well, it all started in high school. shit. where getting flashbacks.

^⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠^

LEE CHAN'S POV: 10TH GRADE

"WOOHOO!!!" that was the first thing that came out of my mouth as i just woke up. "IT'S SIX IN THE MORNING, CHAN!!!" i heard my mother scream from downstairs. "SORRY EOMMA!!"

you might be wondering why i'm so loud at this kind of hour. well, it's the last month of the school year; who wouldn't celebrate that?

"eomma, hyung is acting very, very weird..." sanghyeok, my younger brother, said to our mother with 'fear' in his eyes. "he looks very happy to go to school... and it's very unusual for him..."

"oh, shut it, hyeok, you'll understand once you're in the last month of the school year."

"eomma! hyung is being rude!" i just rolled my eyes and took my things and went to the front door.

"eomma! i'm heading to school now!"

"okay! stay safe!"

"yeah!"

on my way there, i met up with my classmate, slash best friend, at the nearest cafe. "vernon!"

"yo, dino! don't you think you're a bit early today?"

"what do you mean a bit early? i'm always early."

"usually i need to wait thirty minutes till you arrive; today i only waited five."

"hey! it's your fault for coming here earlier than the said time! don't blame me on that!"

"okay, okay. it's my fault." he said as he flapped his hand like he was shooing me away.

i noticed something in his hand—a ring. since when did he have a ring?

"hey ver, what's that on your finger?" he looked at the ring i was pointing at and realized he hadn't told me the tea behind it.

"oh i forgot to mention this; it's like a friendship ring or something."

i raised a brow at what he said. "so you have a new friend now, huh? okay."

"oh come on, dino," he said as i pouted and started walking. "it's not like that, you know. it's from a group i joined recently."

"group?"

"yeah! they're called 'seventeen', i just joined them in mid school year, i think. it's kind of great."

"and the ring?"

"and the ring is given if you take part in the group. look, it even has the group logo in it."

he showed the ring that does really have a unique look. looks like a ring that has roman numerals on it, not carved but made that way

"why?"

"hyung mentioned that the rings serve as a way to remind us of our promise to be together until the end."

"oh... that sounded like it had a deep meaning to it."

"yeah! it actually does, but the founders didn't tell us the true history behind it."

"seventeen sounds like a cool group, making me want to join too."

"do you actually want to join? or maybe you just took a liking to our ring?" he said, raising a brow at me.

"i will admit, the ring is cool, but that is a shitty reason to join." he just nodded in agreement. "i do actually want to join."

"okay." he took my wrist before dragging me away. "let's cut class."

"wha–why???"

"i'll introduce you to the guys! they're all probably at the hangout place right now."

"wait–can't we do that later? class is about to start."

"nope, the boss would be gone by eight, and the other two would be gone by eight-thirty."

"how about lunch or last class?"

"nope, now is the only time."

"okay... and since when did you start cutting classes?"

"only today, actually. hyungs say that it's fine; i think they do it daily..." i'm too flustered to answer back. this is all too sudden.

i do want to join the group. it sounds fun and all. but i did not expect vernon to drag me there in an instant. i'm not that physically prepared yet!

he stopped dragging me when an old-looking building was in sight. "isn't this the old gym that was wrecked by a typhoon?"

"yeah. this is where we usually hang out, cut class, have meetings, and many more things if we're inside the campus."

"is... the place safe... or stable?"

"yeah, hyungs said they fixed it when they found it."

"cool..."

he stopped in front of a door for a while before entering. he opened the door, and there was a bit of light inside.

shit. there's no turning back now.