Chapter 06

- "I'm not moving," - Said Eleanor for the hundredth time, carrying the shopping bags.

- "It's the best thing for you. And you don't have to carry any weight, why didn't you call me to carry the bags?" - Severus replied, taking the bags from her and carrying them into the kitchen.

- "I'm pregnant, not sick. Please don't exaggerate, it's flattering to be treated like a princess but sometimes you make me nervous."

- "I'm sorry," - Said the wizard putting the shopping away in their respective places in the pantry and fridge, - "If you don't want to move in with me, then I'll move in with you."

- "Are you sure? I don't have any objections, that's preferable to you insisting that I leave my home," - She answered, paying attention to the cat that demanded her attention.

- "We're getting married, I've already got a date, I'm sorry but it will be something simple. But if you want we can have a reunion with our friends and your family."

Eleanor looked at him in astonishment, putting down the cat she was holding. - "Huh? Doesn't that seem unplanned to you?"

- "Petunia, it is convenient that our child should be born in wedlock," - He said, reaching out his hand to lead her into the living room.

- "I can understand that you're thinking about the reactions of the magical community, but we're not a couple, a marriage under those conditions can fail, what if you meet someone special, or propose a divorce after the birth," - She wanted to know.

- "I'm willing to try a partnership with you if you want. Not all marriages are for love, and I think we can achieve a balance, we are compatible. If we each do our part, our child will enjoy an optimal family environment," - He explained, looking at her with conviction.

Eleanor remained silent, leaning her back on the sofa, considering the repeated proposal. The moment she confessed about her pregnancy, the wizard was angry that it was on purpose, then when he saw that she didn't want anything from him, he was angry that she wanted to deny him his paternity, demanding to be a part of the pregnancy and subsequent upbringing of her child.

Of course, Severus did not want to repeat his parents' mistakes, so he thought long and hard before proposing marriage. Petunia had many qualities, among them her patience with his faults, which he did not deny.

She, for her part, had considered her options, imagined the scenarios, and thought about her answers, but Severus still caught her off guard because it was one thing to imagine a conversation and another to have it.

- "Severus, what you are asking me is serious. To be honest, I like you, it's very likely that I love you without knowing it, or that I could love you. I don't know. How do you feel about Lily? What would happen if she broke up with James? If one day she says to you: 'Severus, I was wrong and I want you to forgive me. Let's be a couple.' "

- "That's not going to happen, they're going to have a child. Lily will always be special to me, but she's as much a part of my past as Vernon is to you."

- "It's not the same," - Eleanor refuted.

- "As far as I know you were about to marry him? there are also those men you dated..."

- "They weren't dates, they were 3 social outings with free food and entertainment," - Eleanor corrected.

- "Well, that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is our son and the family I'm offering you to raise together. Petunia, I can't say I love you, at least not yet and you know I'm not one to lie on these matters. However, I can say that I treasure you very much and I like being with you, I think that from that to being in love is a short distance," - Expressed the Potions master sincerely.