Prologue

Welcome to Beatropolis, a melting pot within the melting pot known as the United States. Populated by humans, demons, angels, anthropomorphic hedgehogs, and many other things; this city is truly a phenomenon in of itself. Yet despite all the species intermingling with each others, everything is usually quite peaceful save for small amounts of criminal activity in some parts of the city.

However, on this fateful Friday, destiny would throw a wrench in the routine of the city. Things would never be the same and it all started with one assassin hired by one particular demon to kill one particular person. So our story begins on the roof of a random-ass building with three people: a rapper, his demonic girlfriend, and his friend who also happens to be a mercenary. Let's begin shall we?

"Oh man I'm so tired" complained a blue-haired 19 year old as he rubbed his noticeably baggy eyes. The boy groaned as he sat down next an auburn-haired girl in a red dress who looked at him in sympathy and worry.

"Babe, you need to get some more sleep. I know you like to stay up late but you can't keep doing it."

"But I HAVE been getting more sleep. I went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 8:00, and I STILL felt as if I were up all night! It was like I ran a marathon while I was sleeping! I just-" He groaned again as he hung his head in defeat while his girlfriend started rubbing it with her hand.

"You poor thing. You know, you could always sleep with me." She said while smiling. The boy stifled a laugh at that statement

"Oh you know your dad would kill me, or more accurately he would hire somebody to kill me." The boy's girlfriend giggled at the quip as he laid his head in her lap.

"You're too adorable my little blueberry."

"Well you're even cuter my sweet demon."

"Ugh, can you too swoon over each other somewhere else? I feel like I'm about to puke up rainbows and shit out unicorns." spoke up an orange haired boy wearing a green shirt and touting dual Uzis. He was wearing an exaggerated scowl on his face while smoking a cigarette.

The blue haired boy groaned as he sent a small glare at the other boy.

"Wow Pico you really are Tankman's kid, right down to finding any way to ruin the mood." chastised the rising-star rapper. The gun-toting ginger snickered at his friend's reaction

"C'mon Boyfriend, you know you and Girlfriend can't be all mushy around me without expecting me to kill your vibe." said Pico as he continued to laugh.

"You're right, I can't." begrudgingly mumbled Boyfriend. Girlfriend shook her head and sighed as she  listened to the interaction before chiming in.

"If I didn't know any better I would think of you two as siblings considering how you act towards each other." said Girlfriend as Pico's laughter died down. The trio sat in silence until Boyfriend noticed something.

"I'm surprised I haven't had to rap battle for my life yet today." said Boyfriend as the other two quickly picked up on his observation. Girlfriend just said a simple, "Huh, weird", Pico on the other hand.

"Holy shit you're right. Usually around this time you'd by spitting bars against an assassin sent by Daddy Dearest who all forget that challenging a musician to a rap battle for his life is a much more complicated and harder to pull off assassination method than just shooting him. I should know, I was one of them." said Pico as he cringed thinking about the memory. A phone buzz alerted them to Boyfriend's pocket who pulled it out to see that his dad was calling him.

"Speaking of dads could you two excuse me for a second?"

"Yeah sure"
"Okay babe"

Boyfriend stepped behind the entrance to the stairwell that lead down to the rest of the building the trio was standing on as he picked up the call and put the phone up to his ear