Chapter 13: Nyeh, What's Up Doc?

St. Cecilia Hospital...

Adam sat in the doctor's office waiting for his diagnosis. If anything, he just hoped he didn't have cancer or some other serious disease. At the very least, he just hoped that he'd know what was going on. After a while his doctor came in with a puzzled expression, not a good sign. Regardless, Adam decided to bite the bullet and figure out what was going on.

"So, what is it?"

"No...what if...but that can't be right...it's not..." the doctor continued mumbling to himself until Adam spoke up.

"Uh, doc, you good?"

"Huh? Oh, pardon me. It's just...we don't know what's affecting you."

"...How? If I'm coughing up blood that has to mean something." said a slowly panicking Adam.

"That's the thing, it should mean something, but according to your results, you should be perfectly healthy."

Adam sat down with a look of fear on his face. He didn't know what was happening, his doctor didn't know what was happening, and he has no way of knowing whether his condition is fatal or even treatable. His doctor noticed his growing dread and tried to put him at ease.

"However, there is still more tests that need to be done, primarily with bloodwork. Besides, I can consult other physicians about your...ailment. So you have nothing to fear, you'll be better again soon enough."

Adam could feel the corners of his mouth lift up, but he wasn't sure about the whole thing.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it, Adam." said the doctor while patting Adam on the shoulder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adam's House...

Adam was sitting in his car staring ahead at his house. He was silently debating to himself whether to go in or sit in his car for a little longer. He eventually decided that he didn't want to live in his car and got out. Of course, when he got out of the car the clouds gave him one last middle finger and started raining.

"Perfect, just what I needed to cap off one of the worst weeks of my life."

Oh don't be so grumpy, Adam. The world still has a couple more surprises it wants to give you. Anyways, Adam put his key in the door only for it to get stuck. He growled in frustration as he fidgets with the key only to jump when lightning lit up the sky and the cracking sound of thunder shook him.

Adam slowly started turning gray as his movements became hectic. He couldn't take it. He nearly died again. His brother nearly died. He had an unknown sickness that was slowly impairing if not killing him. His brother was traumatized. Now, he was stuck outside in the pouring rain with his worst fear constantly ringing throughout the sky.

"I can't do it. It's too much. IT'S TOO MUCH!"

One ear splitting thunder crackle later, and Adam has had enough. Fully transformed, he let out an anguished war cry as he blasted up into the sky and into the nimbus cloud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voleé Airlines Flight 360...

"Attention passengers, we appear to be approaching a pop-up thunderstorm. We may experience a little turbulence, but rest assured that we will land soon enough."

The plane flew right into the storm, and while there was some turbulence as expected, nothing could've prepared the passengers and crew for what would happen next.

While some of the non-humans on the plane sensed his approach, BF flew up into the sky right in front of one of the planes engines. Deafened by his own fury and stress, he failed to notice the plane behind him and was sucked into the engine. While this would normally be extremely fatal, BF's tough skin made it fatal for the engine instead.