Chapter 11: Demon on Demon Action (Meanwhile...)

With Girlfriend and Casandra...

A very pissed off Girlfriend stared Casandra down while in her demon form. Even though Casandra glared back, she couldn't help but feel a little afraid. This was a high-ranking demon and that meant she had to fight above her weight class. She'd be more confident if she'd just transformed, but Pico, though she would never admit it, did give her a little trouble. Still, that didn't stop her from standing up to the other demon.

"You've got a lot of nerve letting my prey get away."

"And you've got a lot of nerve for ruining my day."

"Oh please, what does it matter to you what I do? You're a demon just like me, so why are we fighting? Besides, I'm not here to takeover, I'm simply after one measly human."

That statement got Girlfriend to go from pissed to furious. She grit her teeth as her glare intensified.

"Oh really, and what would that human look like?"

"What does it matter to you which one of those things is my target."

"Well one of those 'things' is my boyfriend and if you go anywhere near him."

Girlfriends hands lit up with demonic energy.

"Then I will personally torture your soul for eternity after I send you to the deepest pit of hell!"

Casandra started to show off her own demonic energy as she glared back at Girlfriend.

"Then come try your luck."

Girlfriend immediately went on the offensive and charged forward while coated in demonic energy and slamming into Casandra. The sudden force knocked Casandra back and almost knocked her off balance. Despite this, Casandra was quick to grab Girlfriend and throw her away before she could charge again.

Girlfriend growls as Casandra starts charging up her eye blasts. Before she can however, Girlfriend uses her telekinesis to yank Casandra towards her and deck her square in the jaw. Casandra's head reeled back as her eye blasts fired through the glass ceiling causing shattered glass to fall and cut Girlfriend, not that it mattered since they were minor at worst. Girlfriend used her telekinesis once again to take the glass shards and fire them at Casandra. However, the glass simply shattered against her tough skin and only yielded a small growl of annoyance from Casandra.

Casandra decided to try her own hand at magic and thrust her claws into the ground. Energy emerged from where her claws were and snaked their way in the ground towards Girlfriend. When the energy reached where she was flying, tendrils burst out of the ground and attempted to wrap themselves around Girlfriend. The dearest demon quickly sliced them up using her razor-sharp claws before they could reach her, all except one. The last tendril grabbed Girlfriend and pulled her back to the ground. Girlfriend responded by using hellfire on herself causing the tendril to char and rot off releasing her from its grip.

Unfortunately, Girlfriend chose the wrong time to turn said hellfire off as Casandra punched her into the ground.

"Up."

Casandra found herself slowly being lifted up by a green glow as she was rendered immobile.

"Down."

Casandra was then slammed on the ground with enough force to kick up dust from the destroyed mall floor. She looked up to see a lightly-battered Girlfriend sneering at her as demonic magic almost poured out of her. Casandra was quickly yanked towards Girlfirend and punched back to the ground by her. Then she was yanked and punched again, and again, and again. This continued for a little bit until Girlfriend decided to deliver the coup de grace.