Chapter 2: Yum Yum a Knuckle Sandwich

2 days later....

"Ritz! Get out of bed and put some clothes on!"

The humanoid rat starts mumbling under his breath as he drags himself out of the guest room bed and forces himself to do his morning routine. He trudges into the kitchen as he watches Adam pull a Pop Tart out of the toaster and fast walk over to him.

"Here's your breakfast. Dad said I had to take you to school. Now eat up and get in the car."

Ritz mumbles something unintelligible and munches down on his pastry before grabbing his backpack and trudging towards the car. His brother starts getting irritated at his slow pace and decides to encourage him.

"C'mon, we don't have all day, up and at em."

"You sound like Dad." muttered Ritz.

"Move it, getcho' cheese-eating, goofy ahh in the car!"

"He no longer sounds like dad."  "Alright, I'm going jeez."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2:30pm...

Boyfriend and Girlfriend were spending some quality couple time together at BF's house. Girlfriend decided to check up on her boyfriend to see how he's doing with his recent bouts of insomnia. Nothing was out of the ordinary for her aside from her dad not reacting as strongly when she told him where she was going. He was probably scheming something but she, a set of oversized speakers, her boyfriend, and three songs could deal with that later.

"Yeah, I've been feeling much more energetic lately, so it's improving."

Despite desperately wanting to tell her about what happened Friday, Boyfriend didn't want to make her more worried about him than she already was. Besides, that's not something he wants to think about right now.

"I'm glad to hear that blueberry."

She pulled him in close for a hug as he melted into it with a dopey smile on his face.

"Oh, have I introduced you to my little brother?"

"No, I didn't know you had a little brother." said Girlfriend with an inquisitive look

"Well, he's staying with me for a couple weeks and I have to pick him up from the high school. So I was wondering if you wanted to see him."

"I would love too."

"Alright then, let's go."

And with that, they got into the car and went to pick up Boyfriend's younger brother from the high school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3:15pm, Beatropolis Western High

Boyfriend was sleeping in the parking lot waiting for Ritz to get out of class. He arrived early and tried to stay awake, he failed. Luckily for him, Girlfriend wasn't as drowsy and when students started piling out of the building she was quick to jump into action.

"Boyfriend? Babe wake up." she softly spoke as she gently shook him

*snore-*"Huh, yeah I'm awake." said Boyfriend with a yawn. After getting his bearings, he started looking around for his little brother. He eventually found him, getting dragged behind the wall by someone unknown. Deep inside the monkey part of BF's brain, a voice told him to "Protect brother now." He immediately sprang up and got out of the car, startling Girlfriend with his sudden movement, and stormed towards the wall his brother was dragged behind. As he stormed behind the building his anger only increased as he saw some shady people holding his brother at knife point with some random guy holding a wad of cash looking very uncomfortable at the whole situation. They seemed to be pretty upset at Ritz, not that Adam cared.

"Listen here rat, we have a business to run and we don't need some nosy snitch ruining it because they want to creep around places they don't belong. Do you understand me?"