Chapter 12: Uh-Oh, SpaghettiOs

Adam's House...

So Adam's day was off to an absolutely fantastic start. He figured that out the second he woke up with a throbbing headache. He didn't even bother taking off his pajamas as he slowly walked into his living room. It had been a few days since the whole mall debacle and since then Boyfriend had learned how to phase through objects.

"Should I call Mike and tell him I'm sick?"

...

"Nah, I'll be fine."

Okay buddy, let's see where your confidence gets you.
Anyways, speaking of calling people, Boyfriend decided that now would be a good time to check up on his brother. His dad told he wasn't doing well but never to what extent. Wondering, he took out his phone and called his dad. A few rings later, and guess who it is.

"Hey, Adam."

"Hey, Dad."

"What are you calling about?"

"Oh, I just want to know how Ritz is doing."

"So why didn't you call him?"

"...Because I didn't think of that."

"It's fine, if you want to know...he's not doing to great."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well...he's refused to leave the house and when we have to, he stays in the car. You should've seen him when I had to drop him off at school. I had to get one of his friends to take him to class because he couldn't bring himself away from the car." said Keith as his voice grew more and more concerned.

"Even one of his teachers told me about how off he was acting. They were saying how jumpy he was and how much he fidgeted as if he were expecting something to happen. It's just-!" Keith sighed before he could start yelling.

"I just...don't know what to do."

"Can I talk to him?" asked Adam.

"...Yeah, hold on."

Adam waited as his Dad went to fetch his brother. Soon enough, he heard the sounds of someone fumbling with the phone before a familiar voice came in.

"Adam?"

"Hey Ritz, how are you doing."

"...Not great."

"C'mon, you can talk about it with me."

"I'm pretty sure dad already told you but...I'm not leaving this house."

"Ritz, that's-"

"EVER. Only if I have to, but aside from that, never."

"You can't live your life like that."

"I've been doing so for the past few days so I think I'll be fine." said Ritz with a bitter edge to his voice.

"How about a month, or a year, or a decade?" shot back Adam.

"Don't care. I'll find a way to stay here."

"That's-"

"I will be safe. Permanently. I won't ever be trapped and left to die again."

"...You weren't left to die."

"Oh yeah? What would've happened if you hadn't...shown up through whatever it was you did. What even was that?" said Ritz as his voice grew watery.

Adam felt a twinge of nervousness course through him and remained silent for a second trying to think of excuses.

"...Adam, you still there?"

"Yeah. I just...noticed I could pass through stuff and heard you on the way out."