Chapter 8: Inner Monologue

Tsuna appeared back in the open space where he met with his future self. The young boy still had the body of his counterpart. He sighed and stood up to walk about. As he walked a door appeared in the distance, he waltzed closer and went to open it.

"Please respect my privacy" a voice came from behind him. Tsuna spun and saw his younger body yet future self.

"I thought I told you not to screw up my body?" The younger-looking Tsuna said as a genuine question. 

"I-i had to do it to save my friends!?" He cowardly knelt into a ball covering his head waiting for a painful impact.

The younger body sighed and sat in front of him, reaching out his hand and rubbing Tsuna's hair. "I am sorry for my actions before," The younger said with guilt. "I let my anger take control, I should not have treated you so harshly,"

The older spirit stood and held out his hand. 

"You forgive me for hurting this body?" the younger muttered.

"Of course, but I'm mad you didn't even use the gloves properly!" He motioned, and he pointed at the soft gloves on his hands.

The younger spirit cried and whimpered, soon sniffles came with him, the older had no right to be angry, he gently let go and crouched down.

"I'm sorry you had to fight that battle..." Older Tsuna said. He leaned in and hugged his older body.

.
.

"I remember that encounter with Squalo.. he still hasn't apologized!" older Tsuna said in an effort to lift the mood. "It was scary.." Came a sniffle from the other. Tsuna looked over and took pity, he knew the situation changed, he knew it wasn't as he remembered, he only sighed and pulled the other in for comfort. 

".. I didn't know what to do, I just had to rely on my body's reflexes... I couldn't do anything..it felt as if..it... Felt as if I was useless without it. I relied on the dying will and not my own strength.." A loud cry came out after the loud outburst and the crocodile tears didn't seem to end.

The older of the two frowned. From his memory, he remembered from his experience that this was the first real defeat he and his friends felt. It was devastating to Yamamoto out of the three of them, he took it the hardest.

"Uhmm, next time you see Yamamoto, can you tell him that what he did was brave and that you're grateful for what he did?"

"Hu-huh? Yeah..yeah, I can do that?" Tsuna was wiping his snot and tears on the cuffs of his shirt.

"Good.." Tsuna let go of the sniffling boy and stood.

"Listen, Tsuna," The older one spoke, "I won't bother you anymore, this is going to be difficult for you to hear but I can't help you with this battle you're going to face. This is a moment that will shape the very person you are going to become. It will be hard, arduous, and even make you give up at times." He turned his back on the sad counterpart and started walking away, a fine mist coming from his footsteps.  

"I will say this.."

The younger of the two perked up and stood to see him off.

"Your family loves you. Adores you even... for all the sacrifices they do for you; you need to do even more for them..." The older turned and showed his sad and determined face as if reminiscing on regrets. "And forget about that stuff I told you... it doesn't mean anything right now. Use that body to its maximum to protect the ones you love. Use it to fight the good battle and kick Xanxus' a** for me!" He pushed out his hand to show a small sky flame on his finger.

With the final word of encouragement, his body finally disappeared and left the sad and teary boy alone in his own mind. The flame flickered and stood where its master once was. Tsuna saw it shrink and raced over to it, he reached and tried to grasp it, but the flame became blurry and shook with his breath. he was running after it and was chasing it, hoping it wouldn't go out. As he ran he heard faint voices surround him.

'is-h-'

'No.. he is f-'

'But wa- abou- cant we-'

'Look!-'

Tsuna kept running when suddenly the flame stopped moving, it was but a flicker when he finally grabbed it, the flame crawled up his arm and engulfed his body, the warmth was so vivid he felt like his body was actually wrapped in the flame-like a blanket. He closed his eyes and embraced the feeling, knowing that this had to have meant something between the two parties. 

'A form of acceptance in a way?' he thought to himself. 

A bright light shone and illuminated a small hole in front of him, it quickly filled his whole vision abruptly causing him to take notice he was in a bed with a mask on his face, giving him air. He went to sit up but was met with a stabbing pain in his arm and chest. he looked down and saw an IV in his arm, he heard muffles around him and tried hard to focus on the faces. 

"Re-rebor-" 

Tsuna couldn't finish his question because his mouth was caked in foul, dry matter.

Like a light being flicked on he widened his eyes and took in his position. 

"Tsuna!" Cried out Dino from his side. Tsuna felt a warm embrace from the other man. He looked around and saw the boy next to him. Tsuna reached up slowly and removed the mask from his face,

"water-" he asked, holding out his hand gently to Dino. Reborn jumped up and handed Tsuna a small glass. Tsuna took the glass and slowly sipped it, clearing his mouth from the cotton feel. 

"Dame-Tsuna, next time I'm only giving you three hours to wake up" Reborn bopped Tsuna on the head and took away the empty glass. Tsuna weakly chuckled and tried sitting up again, being successful the second time.

Tsuna looked around the room and saw Basil next to him in an even worse condition. 

"Is that...basil?" He asked,

Reborn looked over and nodded at the boy, "He must have been fighting for a few days straight, he has yet to wake up"

"Who.. is he?" Tsuna rubbed his arms shyly, "Is he a member of the Vongola family?"

Dino sat back in his chair beside Tsuna, "No, he is not a part of Vongola, but I can tell you one thing.." Dino patted Tsuna's leg, "He is definitely on our side"

"Wait!" Tsuna spoke loudly, "I'm confused, I thought I heard Dino say that the man attacking us was Vongola. And now basil is not Vongola but not my enemy either?" Tsuna held his head in confusion. 

"but I uhm! Done need allies..or enemies!" he stammered out, he still didn't want to be a mafia boss and if he had the chance to change it he would. 

"You can't say that anymore Tsuna-"

"Why-" he interrupted,

Reborn jumped down and looked out of a window at the people walking in and out, "Because Tsuna..."

"The rings have already started to move."