Chapter 9: The History of the Rings of Vongola

A day had passed since Reborn and Dino had talked with Tsuna, they had to leave because of some problems with the video footage some people took of the fight. Tsuna sipped his water and waited for Reborn and Dino to visit him again. 

a delicate knock came from the door, "Mr. Sawada, You have some visitors?"

"Let them in," 

Tsuna finished his water and sat up straighter in his bed. He watched as Dino and Reborn came in together, Dino dismissed the nurse and the two sat next to his bed. 

"How are the stiches Tsuna?" Dino asked, he scanned over Tsuna's body and couldn't get used to the sight of his body being covered in scars. 

"Well.." Tsuna held up his shirt, "I've already healed a good portion, I don't think this one will scar as bad?" Tsuna pouted and felt bad, his future self left this precious body in his care yet it's already getting more scars.

Reborn lept onto his lap and took out a magnifying glass to examine the skin, "Interesting.."

Tsuna sat patiently waiting for Reborn to fill his curiosity, he made eye contact with Dino and then looked at the bulge in his coat pocket. Dino looked down surprised and pulled out a shiny box, similar to the ones Tsuna fought for yesterday. 

"Aren't those the rings the long-haired guy stole yesterday?" Tsuna mentioned with concern.

Reborn interrupted and commented while still examining his scars and stitches, "Yes they are, and the proper name Dame-Tsuna is the half-Vongola rings. They're a treasure of the Vongola family that is supposed to be stored in a selected place until three years later."

Reborn removed the magnifying glass and proceeded to proding Tsuna's muscles and injuries, checking that they have indeed healed and scared over at an accelerated state. 

"Are the rings-OW!- pricy?" Tsuna asked while feeling like he was being stabbed, Tsuna looked down and saw Rebron making pricks in his skin and counting how fast it took till they scabbed. 

"What the hell Reborn!?" Tsuna yelled, 

Reborn ignored Tsuna's yell and continued, "Yes, They are so valuable that you cannot put a price tag on them.. buts that's not all... 45 seconds-" Reborn noted. Tsuna sighed and bared the pain, which didn't hurt so bad after all. He sighed and listened as Reborn continued his explanation of the rings. 

"In the long Vongola history, it is not known how much blood has been shed for the rings.."

"WHAT?!.."

Tsuna fretted and thought for a moment, "Well.. guess it is a good thing the guy took them after all?" Tsuna smiled and was pleased it was no longer his concern...

"Wait... Dino.." Tsuna whispered.

"Yup! I got it right here, haha!" Dino laughed and showed Tsuna a better look at the box. 

"EHH!?"

"Stop moving, im trying to fix a stitch they messed up" Reborn scolded. Tsuna looked down and saw Reborn with a long curved needle. 

"HIEEE! Reborn stop!" Tsuna yelped, he picked up Reborn and quickly set him on the chair next to him. "Please don't, I think the doctors did a wonderful job!" Tsuna exhaled in relief and pulled down his shirt. 

"I'm guessing the ones the man had were fakes then?" Tsuna didn't know why he wasn't as shocked...

'I guess I just had a hunch they were fakes..' Tsuna thought to himself.

"A certain someone asked me to give these to you" Dino leaned over and gave Tsuna the box. 

"NO WAY! I WON'T TAKE THOSE HORRIFIC RINGS! WHY ME ANYWAY?!" Tsuna shouted, denying the box and pushing away Dino's hands. 

"Because Dame-Tsuna, they belong to Vongola, and my job is to make you the tenth-generation boss of Vongola!" Tsuna felt a hard smack on his head, he held his head in pain and stared at the green mallet hammer Leon. 

"This again.." He squeezed his eyes shut in denial, escaping to his own thoughts on why this was happening.. 

'I can't believe they were fakes! I did all that fighting.. for... fakes..' Tsuna slowly looked at Basil, who still lay unconscious next to him. He saw the boy's face covered in even more bandages than he was. Tsuna calmed down and understood what future Tsuna said about this being a serious battle. the ones he cared about would fight for him and in turn, he 'Needed to fight even harder in turn'.

"...Reborn?" Tsuna asked, he dipped his head and asked with caution, "Was basil a decoy?"

Reborn looked at Basil, "Yeah.. basil himself probably wasn't told about that. That person probably figured that this would happen."

Dino continued off of Reborn, "It must have been a very difficult decision for him to make,"

A long silence ensured, being disrupted by another knock on the door, "Mr. Sawada" A doctor came in with a pleased-looking smile. "After looking at your medical charts and how well you have healed, we have decided to discharge you. some nurses will be by later to give you the papers and your medicine for the next few weeks."

"That's good to hear," Tsuna said happily, 

Dino and Reborn stood and let Tsuna be with the doctor, "We'll see you soon, yeah?" Dino said giving his farewells and exiting the door with Reborn in tow. The two walked down the hall and continued their conversation. 

"He came with me to Japan, although I'm sure you and Tsuna already saw him this morning?"

"We did, same old as he always is.." Reborn responded. He adjusted his fedora.

'He did come in the end.. by giving his son the Vongola rings at this time must mean..'

Reborn stopped and pulled out his phone sending off a message, he sighed as he sent it. He hoped that it wasn't the case, he flipped his phone shut and followed after Dino.

'Something terrible is happening..'

.

.

Tsuna was packing up the clothes that Reborn had brought for him, his body still ached and his headache grew with every step he took out the door. The bag was packed and he was ready to leave. Tsuna walked around the room making sure he didn't leave anything, as he walked he went over to Basil and looked over his face. it was solemn and slack, definitely the face of someone in pain and tired. He felt weird but something compelled him to reach his hand over the boy. he rested his hand on the boy's forehead, feeling the coolness of his body. Tsuna muttered an apology and walked out the door to a nurse's station to sign the paper and leave.

'I guess this is a hospital funded by Vongola?' he noticed as the staff only called him 'Mr. Sawada' and bowed as he walked past. 

.

.

Tsuna arrived home and was greeted by an Iemitsu in his underwear holding a past out Lambo and a giddy Fuuta. 

"D-Dad!" Tsuna called out embarrassed, he covered his eyes and walked in. "Wait a minute.. is that alcohol I smell?!"

"Only a little!" Fuuta slurred, "Papa said that it's like water but makes you calmer!" Fuuta slumped into Tsuna's arms as he was lifted into the air. "Dad!?" Tsuna scolded the older man who also appeared drunk. Fuuta grabbed Tsuna's cheeks and exclaimed "I'm so glad brother Tsuna's cousin is safe!" he yelled in his ear. Tsuna held in his pained voice and only winced from the noise, he saw his father standing and staring at him with a goofy smile.

"Don't worry tuna fish! your Papa is completely sonb..sober!" he leaned onto Tsuna's shoulder pulling him into the house and into a side hug. Bianchii came around the corner with I-pin in her arms.

"Maman went out to buy food because he ate everything in the house already."

"Whaat!?" Tsuna whipped around and shook his father. "WHYYYY!?" he grabbed Lambo from his father's arms and double-held the two children, racing upstairs to put them down. 

'What an embarrassing father!? And such a s**tty one too!' Tsuna huffed in his mind and tried putting the children to bed. After a few minutes Tsuna drug himself to his room too and passed out on his bed.