Chapter 10: The Half-Rings Owners

Tsuna lay asleep in his bed, scrunched up uncomfortably because of his long body. The early morning was peeking through his curtains shining on his face peacefully. Tsuna slowly opened his eyes. From where he lay he saw the sun just creeping over the hills over yonder. Tsuna sat up and checked his arms and hands, only seeing small and faint nicks on his skin as leftovers from his battle two days ago. He flipped his legs over and off the bed, resting and settling himself on the edge.

"He wasn't lying.." He muttered, he almost felt sad. The Tsuna from the future really didn't come and harass him, he left him alone like he said he would. Tsuna held out his hand and looked at the now small scab, it was the wound he got from holding the sword in his hand. Tsuna looked around the room and didn't see Reborn in his hammock. Tsuna stood from his bed and proceeded to stretch, following the rules of his past self loosely. Even if he wasn't there to harass him he couldn't help but feel guilty for not taking care of 'himself'.

Loud stomping caught Tsuna's attention, who turned to his door and saw it swing open, a recovered Iemitsu was holding up tackle gear and some fishing rods.

"Tsuna! wanna go catch breakfast?!" The man held a big smile on his face and waited for a response.

"..." Tsuna could only look on in confusion at his father, "I uhh... I still need to rest, the doctor said so.." Tsuna stood still, rubbing his arm as if to insinuate he still hurt a bit.

"All right then," His dad turned around and gently closed his door, and walked away. His dad was completely civil about it, it shocked him truly. Tsuna leaned his head back and refreshed his face, opening his curtains he noticed a pile of homework on his desk. It must have been his work for the past few days he missed from school, Tsuna proceeded to ignore it and walked to his door. Before he could twist the handle a whizzing noise shot by his head, a flaming arrow this a piece of paper attached to it read.

"You will complete this work before you leave this room"

-Reborn

Tsuna swallowed the lump in his throat, he looked behind himself and saw that his window was open.. the sun was now halfway up passed the view. Scared for his life, he sat down and started trying to do his homework. Maybe it was Reborn being kind or Gokudera being thoughtful but atop the stack of papers was a small notebook with notes from the classes he missed. Tsuna smiled and held the book dearly to his heart.

"Your family loves you. Adores you even... for all the sacrifices they do for you; you need to do even more for them..."

Tsuna bit his lip and slowly sat down at his small desk, the homework wasn't even too difficult, it just was time-consuming..which Tsuna supposed he had at the moment. Tsuna sat in silence and listened to Namimori as it woke up, it was a quiet Tuesday morning all things considered from his past experiences. Tsuna got to work and completed his late work at a steady pace. Paper after paper he slowly completed the pile thanks to the notes he had to look at. The sun was completely above the horizon line at the moment and he looked up to be blinded by the orange and blue sky. Tsuna pushed himself away from the desk and stretched himself out, letting the sun kiss his face gently, he smiled and enjoyed the peace.

A soft click pulled Tsuna from his daze and he looked down and out his window, he saw his father return with some fish in a bucket and greeted Lambo who ran out to him. Tsuna refused to smile at the moment, he refused to feel heartbroken because he wished this was what it was like for him growing up, he refused to feel jealous of Lambo as he watched him get thrown into the air. thrown in the air high..like really high...

Tsuna yelled as he met eyes with Lambo from his 2nd story bedroom window, "LAMBO!?" Tsuna yelled. He threw on a pair of clothes that were on his chair and raced down, he was buttoning up his black and orange short-sleeved shirt and fastened the belt of his skinny jeans. While Tsuna and his friends were shopping yesterday he was able to buy some clothes with money his father slipped into his pocket, he patted himself down and noticed he had on a necklace, he stopped at the door and grabbed onto the accessory.