Chapter 4: The night sky

Enma and Reborn watched in silence as they saw Tsuna go around the library pulling out books and random papers. The two were seated on a plush couch and enjoying the view as Tsuna scurried around looking for books and talking to himself. They both thoroughly believed Tsuna had met his breaking point and was going through the 7 stages of grief for his body. 

"Dame-Tsuna? What is this for?" Reborn asked as he watched Tsuna flip through the pages of a book.

"Meditation!" Tsuna said excitedly, "I read before that if you are in a deep trance you can contact your other selves!" Tsuna enthusiastically said as he dropped his papers and book on a table. Reborn hummed in fact understanding and sipped his tea. Reborn placed his cup on the table and sat back to watch the emotional show. Enma was becoming stressed for his best friend. He personally wouldn't know what he would do if he had gotten his body switched with his 14-year-old self. Enma held his drink with both of his hands looking at its liquid contents, working up the courage to speak.

"Tsuna, I don't think this is necess-"

"It's totally necessary!" Tsuna interrupted Enma, "If I can't contact my other self who knows what will happen to my body? I know for sure Reborn of the past is already torturing me!?"

"He is correct" Reborn mentioned, petting Leon and smirking. Enma shook his head and tried staying positive.  

"I think you'll be fine Tsuna" Enma reassured Tsuna by waving his hands in the air. Tsuna stopped and thought for a moment, looking at his book. Tsuna looked over and saw Enmas concerned face and he couldn't help but feel guilt rise into his throat. He squeezed the book in frustration at his current situation. 

"Enma.. I just.." Tsuna was gripping the book and doing his best to keep his composure, it must have been this body at its teenage hormones, but he was having such a difficult time navigating all these feelings again. The feeling of being lesser, weaker, more emotional...

Reborn opened his mouth as if to speak but shut it as Enma stood and rushed over to Tsuna who was weeping into the book he was holding. Enma called out to Tsuna and held his shoulders, trying to make him look up. His heart stirred as he saw Tsuna's larger eyes full of big tears. His lips were pursed shut and he had such a determined yet sad look on his face.  

"I! Enma I CANT DO THIS AGAIN!" Tsuna finally admitted, "I DON'T WANT-I DON'T WANT TO BE DAME-TSUNA AGAIN!" He whaled into his friend's chest. He banged his head on Enmas chest and finally admitted what this was all about. The inadequacy he felt, the shame of being a lame kid, and the bullying he endured before he met Reborn. Enma slowly embraced Tsuna and shed a tear with him too. Enma went through the same wave of emotions while younger too. He remembers the pressure from others to do better and to protect them. But he knew the love they had for him was greater than his anxiety. 

The two broke the embrace and Tsuna dried his face off with the hem of his white dress shirt. His eyes were amusingly puffy and very red. Enma chuckled at Tsuna and pointed it out. Tsuna started laughing too, and the two kept laughing over the small things and stood in a soft silence. 

"Tsuna, I need to head back to the party, I completely understand if you don't want to go, but my offer is there if you want it?" Enma grabbed his dress coat from the couch and walked to the door. 

Tsuna stood and waved goodbye to him.

"I have to go and check up on Adelheid and Shitt P," Enma said as he left Reborn and Tsuna in the room.

"See you later," Tsuna said, waving his hand goodbye to the closing door.

"Did you get this idea from Byakuran?" Reborn asked Tsuna while walking over to him, He knelt down and picked up the book from the floor. He handed it to Tsuna and followed him to the desk that had all his collected material.