Chapter 3: The conversation

The group was silent, moving slowly to follow the Neo-Primo. Mukuro offered to help Tsuna with some stronger illusions, and Tsuna obliged Mukuro's offer. Tsuna felt as if he became a thicker illusion, feeling less of being in a suit and more in his own body. 

The five of them arrived at the ballroom, many common citizens and Mafioso and their families had already arrived early. Tsuna sat on a balcony looking over the room and taking notice some guard posts had been vacant. His guardians were all supposed to be in their positions before he entered the room. Tsuna looked displeased, his eyes becoming narrow in disappointment.

"Gokudera, where are the others? You told them it was tonight didn't you?" Tsuna asked Gokudera, he leaned his ear down to Tsuna's beckoning. 

"W-well you see, I um, sent Yamamoto on a mission and Hibari out for an infiltration mission, and Mukuro was supposed to be helping the Japan branch with recruitment..." Gokudera said as he got quieter as he went on.

"...", Tsuna just stared at Gokudera and then looked down at the crowd. They still had about 30 minutes until the party had to get underway. he knew they could get here in that amount of time. 

"Dammit Gokudera" Tsuna sighed.

"I'm sorry Juudaime," Gokudera said as he bowed slowly.

"Gokudera, don't bow, I'm sure you forgot too. I hope it wasn't on purpose right?" Tsuna said giving a gentle smile to Gokudera.

"Y-yeah" Gokudera whispered as he stood up straight, "I'll call Yamamoto and Hibari" Gokudera left the balcony and rushed out with his phone, speed dialing Yamamoto.

Tsuna waved Gokudera goodbye and then motioned for his mist guardians to come over "Now Mukuro, Chrome, for the last half of the celebration I need you to make me a double"

"Why bossu?" Chrome asked concerned.

"Well, Reborn said he would stay quiet if I stayed in my fourteen-year-old body for the last half of the celebration" Tsuna explained. "So I need you two to make me a body double" Tsuna sat in his chair and explained his idea to them. He knew he could rely on the two to make a realistic double. they have done it before with great success. 

"Hn? Interesting Tsunayoshii, I will do as told, kufufu"  was all Mukuro said as he turned into a fine and thin mist. Tsuna waved him goodbye as well, looking at just Chrome and Ryohei.

"Well, let's go and finish getting ready!" Tsuna hummed, he stood from his chair, walking out the door with his head in a high manner. After being announced the Vongola Neo-Primo he had to keep good appearances, no matter how weak he was in front of his most trusted confidantes, he must keep a high aura in front of others.

Tsuna and his Guardians all arrived in a fashionable manner, Tsuna sent them to their social posts on the ballroom floor and got ready to be announced. 

Gokudera entered first with Haru arm in arm, then Ryohei with Hana and finally Tsuna was introduced with Kyoko. The Three walked in and were announced overhead. Tsuna waved and greeted the people he passed, giving quick handshakes and hellos while Kyoko did the same with the mafioso's wives. The two finally sat at their head table ensuing in a loud round of clapping and congratulation from everyone. After the opening word was over Tsuna left his table to go mingle with the other dons.

Everyone in the room looked at Tsuna and smiled, lots of dons came up to Tsuna and congratulated him on his ten-year anniversary. A particularly sleazy-looking one came up to him in Italian fashion and kissed his hand. 

"Congratulations, Tsunayoshii, on becoming Vongolas Neo-Primo" He had on chains of gold and an eye sore of flashy jewels, and a heavy coat. Tsuna held his smile and did some pleasantries.