Arranged | 1 |

I hear the slamming of the door and take a deep breath before I have to come face to face with the man who hates me...

The one I was forced to marry last night,

I could tell by the annoyance in his eyes when he said I Do that he'd wanted nothing more than to walk away, but he'd stayed...

Because our obligations to our families are more important than the needs of our own well-being.

It's what was ingrained into my brain since I was a kid...

I was taught I'm nothing without power...but power only comes from men, so I need to marry a wealthy one, or else I'd be nothing.

My parents don't care for me...they'd wanted a boy, and when I turned out to be a girl, they quickly started their teachings, to get rid of me as fast as they could.

I don't blame H/n for the cold demeanor he has towards me, yet it doesn't hurt any less.

"How was work?" I get the courage to talk when he makes his way toward the stairs,

When he doesn't respond I swallow roughly "Umm...I made dinner, it's in the kitchen if you want any, or...or I Umm can bring you some to your office"

He disregards me completely and heads upstairs.

Authors note:

Here's the first part of a mini story someone requested me to write 💗

there's six parts in total. (I know this chapter is short but I promise the others are a little longer!😭)