3 - back to december

Back To December - Taylor Swift

So this is me swallowin' my pride
Standin' in front of you sayin' I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothin' but missin' you
Wishin' I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it alright
I go back to December all the time

Taylor pov

It's been about an hour and Bily is laying down on the bed staring at the ceiling. I hate that we're fighting and I honestly just want to forget about it and have a good day but then again I can't let her get away with bad behaviour. "Bily I'm going out soon. Do you want to come? Last chance"
"Yes." She says simply. She still sounds mad but I know she's been wanting to go out shopping with me for ages so im still going to let her come. "Ok well go get ready please." She doesn't say anything. Instead she sits up and walks towards her suitcase. I shrug before going into the bathroom to put on a brunette wig. I'm sure just sunglasses won't be a good enough disguise and I want to be extra careful.

———

I Walk back into my hotel room with my arms full of shopping bags. Bily behind me with a couple of her own. Things have been awkward all day no matter how much I tried to get through to her. I guess she really is mad. When I took her out to dinner we didn't really talk at all which I'm really upset about as I wanted to spend a happy day with my little sister. She means a whole lot to me and it's shitty to know she doesn't like me at the moment.

"Thank you for these Taylor" Bily says under her breath as she walks past me. Usually she calls me 'Tay' so it's weird for her to call me Taylor. I mean she does call me Taylor but she rarely does. Only when she's mad or she's being all lovey dovey and she doesn't seem to be very lovey dovey to me. "It's ok honey" I say softly as I set my own bags down. "I'm gonna go shower, unless you wanna go first" she says quietly. "You can go"
All she does is nod before walking into the bathroom. I sigh. Of course I feel upset for making her sad but I took responsibility to be her guardian so that's what I'm gonna have to do even if it makes her upset. I walk up to the kitchen bench to plug my phone on the charger. I like putting my phone as far away from me as I can at night time so I don't get distracted. I also put Bily's phone in the charger just in case.

Suddenly the bathroom door opens. I feel two arms wrap around my waist and a string of cry's coming from behind me. "I'm sorry Taylor I really am I didn't mean to be so mean to you I'm sorry please forgive me I don't hate you I love you so much Tay" she says with some cry's in between. "Oh honey. I love you too. Please breathe" I say as I turn around to hug her. She's hyperventilating and I can tell she can't really breathe. "I'm sorry please don't hate me" she cry's."Follow my breathing. I don't hate you love. Far from it. I love you." I hold her head at my chest so she can follow my breathing. She's definitely having a panic attack. I'm not sure what brought this on though. I take big deep breaths causing my sister to do the same. I play with her curls as I guide her breathing which seems to be working, after about 5 minutes her breathing steadies out.

"What's wrong Monkey?" I say softly "I-I feel terrible about how I treated you TayTay I was just mad and I took it out on you. I know how much this day meant to you and I ruined it. I thought you hated me" she admits "I'd never ever hate you Bily. Not matter how mad or upset I am I'd never ever ever hate you. You mean the world to me. I'm sorry you can't have friends over I can't imagine how shitty that must be but we can still do something fun for your birthday." "Yeah. Im sorry i got so mad over it." "Your feelings are perfectly valid honey, I only took away your phone because of your attitude. Things happen. But Hey, the days not over, I'm sure no one will be at the pool at this time of night. Wanna go for a swim?" I suggest to lighten the mood. She looks up at me with a smile."Ok" she says happily.

"Well come on then" I say and we both get changed into some swimwear. We both grab a towel each before running down the hotel halls in laughter. "Last one there is the loser" I say before sprinting for the elevators. "No fair!" She squeals running after me. I laugh as I beat her to the elevators. What can I say? I have to be her big sister sometimes. "You're such a child" she sticks her tongue out at me playfully. "It's ok, when you're older maybe one day you'll beat me" I smirk while pressing the 'down' button to the elevator. "Whatever" she pushes me playfully. We stand in a fit of giggles until the elevator comes. Bily clicks the 'ground level' button which should lead us to the pool. After a bit of navigating we spot the glass doors to the pool. As we approach them a group of teenage girls walk out. All of their jaws drop when they see me. I plaster a fake smile towards them, not that I don't want to see them but I'm with Bily right now without a disguise.

"Oh my gosh your Taylor?!" One of them says "Hi" I smile softly towards them "I love you so much" another one says "Can we please get a picture?" The third one says "Is that your sister?!" One of the girls gasped "Oh I'm just a fan, I wish I was her sister" Bily laughs nervously.
"Oh cool, what's your name?" "Brooke" she smiles. "Brooke could you please take a picture of us with Taylor?" "Of course" she smiles. The girls hands Bily her phone before the group all run up to me hugging me. I happily hug me back. I hope no one finds out that Bily is my sister because I really want Bily to live a normal life. After about 10 minutes the girls finally leave leaving me and my sister together.

"Sorry" I sigh before hugging my sister. "It's ok Tay, come on!" She drags me towards the pool. I set my stuff down on one of the chairs before stepping to the edge of the pool with my sister.
"Tay look" Bily says as she points down at the water. "What?" "Look" she insists so i bend over to see what she's pointing at. All of a sudden I get pushed down into the water. "Bily you fucker!" I squeal as she laughs her ass off at me. "Shame!" She laughs. "You better watch your back!" I say as I start to splash her. She shrieks. "Ok ok stop I'm sorry" she laughs. "Fine fine. At least help me up." She nods as I hold hand out for her to help me up. As soon as she grabs it I pull her down into the pool. "TAYLOR!" She squeals, look who's laughing now! For a good 5 minutes we continue to laugh and squeal while splashing water at each other. "Ok I surrender you win" I lift my arms up out of breath. "Winner!" She smiles while flexing her muscles.

"You goof" I laugh at her. She swims over to me by the edge. I hold out my arms and she wraps her legs around my waist. Her arms around my neck. "I love you TayTay, I'm sorry for being rude." "It's ok sweetheart, we all have our moments" "Does this mean I get my phone back?" "Nope" "Worth a try," she shrugs making me chuckle at her. "Tay your the best sister slash mother ever. I love you" And the real Bily is back.
"I love you too baby girl. I'm really glad, I worry that I'm too mom-ish on you sometimes or that I'm to sister-ish" "Well don't because your doing really great at being both. I know I'm not the easiest to deal with" She admits "Awe Bily, you've actually been really easy going, even when we fight. Kids your age are a lot more harsh and I really appreciate you apologising on your own"
"Well you didn't raise me to be someone who holds grudges, you raised me to be kind and to do the right thing. as cheesy as that sounds it is true, I mean that's what you do and you turned out pretty great. I wanna be like you one day Tay" she shrugs "Oh baby, I love you so much" "I love you too" she smiles. I pout before kissing her cheek.

*snap*

My head snaps towards the sound. Paparazzi. Great. "Bily keep your face hidden" I say. Bilys head stays on the crook of my neck, her arms curled around my neck. I walk us out of the pool, carrying her out. I quickly do my best to get to our room as quick as I can without revealing my sister. Once I shut out hotel room door I'm able to put her down knowing she's safe from the cameras. "Are you ok honey?" "Yeah I'm good Tay"