7 - Castles crumbling

Castles Crumbling - Taylor Swift

Power went to my head, and I couldn't stop
Ones I loved tried to help, so I ran them off
And here I sit alone, behind walls of regret
Falling down like promises that I never kept

Taylor pov

I am so unbelievably mad and upset and disappointed in Bily right now. How could she lie to my face and then drink alcohol behind my back? Never mind vaping?! She 11 for fucking god sake, Isla is such a bad influence on her.
Me and Travis brought both the girls home and we sit them down in the kitchen. "What the hell were you two thinking?!?!" I raise my voice.
"We-" Bily speaks up "This is unacceptable! I'm very disappointed in you Brooklyn-Lily. Isla please give me your parents number."
"Why?" she asks "Just give it to me please." I say sternly. She isn't my kid so I can't yell at her or punish her like I will with Bily but the least I can do is tell her parents.

"For your information it's parent. Not parents." She says rolling her eyes while passing me her phone with the contact 'mom' open. "Right. Sorry." I Say. I press The 'Call' button before pressing the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"
"Hi, im Brooke's sister Taylor" "Oh, hi Taylor, is everything alright?" "Um well our girls went to a party and they've been drinking alcohol and doing other stuff and I'd thought you'd want to come get Isla as she's at my place right now."
"Oh gosh, yes I'll come get her, I am so sorry Taylor. Tell Isla she's in big big trouble. If you send me your address I'll be right there with you. Oh sorry my names Lucy by the way." "I'll text you my address, see you soon Lucy." "See you Taylor" she says before hanging up. I quickly Type down my address and send it to Lucy.

"Isla your mom said you're in very big trouble" I say sliding her phone back over. "Whatever" she mumbles. About 20 minutes later the girls don't dare say a word. The effects of alcohol and nicotine are definitely wearing off. I hear a buzz from my phone saying that someone's at the gate. I quickly open the gate using the app on my phone for Lucy to get in. A few seconds later a knock is heard on the door. I rush towards the door and I open it. A blonde woman stands there with concern on her face.

"Hi I'm so sorry, I had no idea she was going out to a party" she says "Don't worry, I didn't know either, come in" I step aside to let her in. "Isla. Car. Now." Lucy says sternly to her daughter.
Isla looks up at Bily. "Sorry. I'll see you later" Isla mumbles to Bily. She walks last her mom and outside to the car. "go to your room please." I say to my sister. She quickly gets up and leaves without a word.

I sigh "um before you go Isla gave me this" i tell Lucy, pulling out the vape Isla offered me. "Oh god I'm sorry Taylor, she probably got this from her brother." "It's ok, im not sure what to do I've never had to deal with this before" "Mean either. Sure we've argued but she's never... done this" Lucy says. "Yeah. Isla kinda told me you were a solo parent and I was wondering if I could catch your number. Brooke's my sister but I look after her on my own and I thought it would be nice to have a friend who knows what I'm going through" "Oh yeah of course that would be great actually. I don't have any friends who can understand" "Same here, also please don't tell anyone that Brooke is my sister, just tryna give her a normal life you know?" "Oh yes of course, don't worry about it" she says, she's such a lovely woman, it's sad that we had to meet in these circumstances "ok well I have to go do something about Brooke and I'm sure you have to deal with Isla" "Yes for sure, I'll see you later?" "Definitely" I smile.

I Wake up to the noise of vomiting coming from the bathroom. I instantly know it's Bily. I sigh before going to make sure she's ok. I see her hunched over the toilet throwing up. I pull her hair into a pony tail with my hand as I rub her back in soft circles. After a few minutes she stops throwing up. "You ok honey?" I say softly, as mad as I am right now it is my job to make sure she's ok. She shakes her head 'no'. Her bottom lip wobbles and her eyes start to water. "I'm sorry" her voice rasps out before she bursts into tears.
"Hey, come here" I open my arms and we cuddle on the bathroom floor. "I didn't mean to Taylor I'm sorry" she sobs. "Why did you lie Bily?"
"B-because I really wanted to go and spend time with Isla. I-I wasn't going to drink I just... everyone else was and I didn't want to be a loser so I just did it to fit in" she admits as tears stream down her face and onto my shirt.

"Did you feel pressured to drink?" She simply nods. I do feel for her, I know she just wants to fit in but she still lied. "Honey I'm not mad that you felt pressured to drink because I know how it is. But I am mad at you for lying to me about where your going. I love you Bily and it's my job to keep you safe, what if someone recognised you and did something? It's very dangerous to let you out on your own specially at a party like that. I'm not trying to stop you from having fun I'm just making sure nothing bad happens to you. Do you understand?" I explain instead of just yelling at her. As much as I do just want to yell at her I think it's best to word it calmly so she understands instead of being afraid of me. We both know yelling at her will get us no where.

"I understand, I really do, w-when I went I didn't think about the bad things that could happen or the consequences" she sniffs while wiping her tears. "And you do understand that you're grounded?" She simply nods "yeah I do. Thank you for not y-yelling at me" "Oh honey, we both know yelling isn't going to fix anything."
She nods. I Never yell at her. Never have and never will. It doesn't fix anything. Talking to her calmly is the only way to sort things out without anyone getting hurt or saying something they regret. "I love you Bily." "I love you too taylor. C-can I sleep with you?" "Of course."

I cup her red tear stained cheek rubbing it softly with my thumb. We share a quick kiss before moving to my bedroom. We snuggle up together under the covers but efore dozing off into a deep sleep.