The Other Side Of The Door

The other side of the door - Taylor Swift

In the heat of the fight, I walked away
Ignoring words that you were saying, trying to make me stay
I said, "This time I've had enough"
And you've called a hundred times, but I'm not pickin' up

Bily pov

I did something. Something Taylor would absolutely kill me over. Ok maybe I'm being dramatic. Let's just say a certain someone has made their way back into my life. Someone who has once gotten me into a lot of trouble yet she drives me crazy. Isla.

She text me the other day, I promised myself I wouldn't let her back into my life after last time but things change. People change. I'm sure of it! I can fix her I really can. Anyways, it's really been hard not talking about this with anyone. I can't talk to Taylor because she would absolutely kill me and Isla and probably half the world's population if she knew, she dislikes Isla very much. And if I tell Trav he will definitely tell Taylor. My friends don't know I'm into girls like that so who's the one person left I can talk to? Tree. My sister's publicist. Tree is my godmother, she's been with me since the day I was born. She's always baby sat me and everything.

I knock twice on the familiar door infront of me. "Oh hey B, what ya up too?" Tree says as she opens the door. "Can I talk to you about something?!" "Oh course darl come on in" she says stepping aside for me to walk in. Tree and I both sit on her couch, my legs swung over onto her lap. "What's up B?" She asks me. "Ok so you cannot tell Taylor ok?" "Ok" she nods in agreement. "So I kinda sorta like someone..." "oooo tell me who tell me who" she says wiggling her eyebrows making me giggle. "Well it's actually Isla..." I say, biting my lower lip. "Isla? As in ex Isla?" "Mhm! But she's different now I swear." "Oh ok... please be carefully Bily" "yeah I am. Really I am! I was a bit sceptical at first but she's much more respectful and nice." "You sure?" "Yeah 100%. Anyways, we kinda have a thing again" "do you wanna have a thing with her? Like do you like her?" "Yeah I do like her. I like her a lot. She always makes me laugh and makes me feel good about myself"

Tree softly tucks my curly locks behind my ear. "That's great sweetheart but don't forget about what happened last time" "I haven't, we talked about it and she apologised and said she wasn't in a great place. It's all good now." "Ok love but as soon as she does something wrong I need you to tell me. Capeesh?" "Capeesh," I nod "now I gotta go, Tay is making my favourite tonight for dinner" "spaghetti?" "You know it!" I smile as I stand up. "Thanks for listening to me" I say as she walks me to the door. "Of course, thank you for stopping by, I'll see you later honey" "bye Tree!" "Bye B, love you" "love you too!"

Taylor pov

My head snaps towards my front door opening then closing. "Hey B" I smile. "Hey momma, I was at Tress grabbing a snack" she smiles softly. "Ok, how is she?" I ask as she walks up to me. "She's good" she replies, giving me a quick peck on the lips. "And how was school" "eh it was school, boring boring boring" she sighs dramatically slouching down next to me. "You're so dramatic" I giggle. "I know, anyways, some people were asking me about the Grammys but I just denied it" she shrugs. "That's good" I say while playing with her hair. "I might go shower, I need to smell of school off of me" "good. You stink." I joke. "That's just you" she says while she rolls her eyes playful. I giggle as she goes upstairs to her bathroom. I watch a bit more of 'law in order' before my phone starts to ring. Its Tree!

"Hey tree! What's up?" "Hey Taylor. Can we talk about something?" "Yeah of course, what is it?" I say immediately feeling concerned by the tone of her voice. "It's about Bily." "She ok?" "Well I guess so, it's just... ok I'm not supposed to tell you but I have too. Bily has been seeing Isla again and apparently they have a thing." "Isla? As in Isla Isla?" "Mhm. I thought I'd let you know for B's safety because that Isla girl is trouble." "Thank you for telling me Tree, I knew something was up" I say rubbing my head out of frustration. How can Bily get with her again? She does know what happened last time right? This is so so bad.
As soon as Bily walks down the stairs I don't hesitate to ask her.

"B can you come here please?" I say more as a command than a question. "What's up?" She asks as she plops herself down next to me. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" "Yeah?" "Anything you um want to tell me Brooklyn-Lily?" I ask. "Umm I don't think so?" "Nothing about Isla?" I say acting dumbfounded. "U-um I don't know what you're talking about." I sigh at her response. "She's not a good influence on you B. Look you're already starting to lie to me" I say rubbing my head. "Momma I can fix her I promise!" She insists. "Honey I-" "I really can Tay" "I'm sorry Bily but I'm not letting you talk to her." "What?" "You're not Bily. I don't want you to have anything to do with her." "You don't decide that." "Yes I do." "No you don't." "Yes I do Brooklyn-lily."

"That's not fair!" She says standing up no longer wanting to sit next to me. "I think it is." "I don't decide who you hang out with." "Because I'm an adult who's friends with other adults." "You don't get it. I like Isla and she likes me. We're meant to be together" "absolutely not. No I do not agree." "Well you better start agreeing." "Not happening, I better not see you having anything to do with that girl." "You are so unfair!" "Lose that attitude please" "I don't have a fucking attitude Taylor." "You also don't have a phone for a week it seems." "Um no. It's not your phone." "Did you pay for it?" She groans loudly clearly annoyed, but she knows if she curses at me in a bad way she gets her phone taken off of her, it's no surprise.

"You're so annoying Taylor" "if keeping you safe is annoying then so be it." "You're being so unreasonable. Isla is the one for me and you're not getting in between us." "Oh come on Bily stop being ridiculous" "ugh!" She groans before stomping up the stairs, well I didn't expect this to happen today. I hate fighting with Bily but what am I supposed to do about this? I'm not letting Isla influence negative choices onto Bily again.