10 - The Best Day

The Best Day - Taylor Swift

I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today

Taylor pov

Today's one of the rare days I get to pick up my sister from school so I'm sure she'll be happy to see that I could pick her up today. I spot her smile when she sees my car making me giggle, I've been quite busy lately with my release of '1989 ( Taylor's version )' coming out soon so me and Bily have had a little Less time together than usual but our relationship still remains stronger than ever.

"Hey honey how was school?" I ask as she sits down next to me. "It was good, boring as always" she smiles. "What's that?" I ask her about the paper in her hand. "Oh nothing, just a school notice about what's happening this week" she says as she shoves it into her bag. "Oh ok, mind if you leave it on the table for me to read later?" "Ok" she says. I go to play some music but Bily stops me. "Um last time I checked it was my turn to play music actually" she smirks. We take turns otherwise we'd argue to much. "Nuh uh" I say. "Yes you played music this morning!" "No I didn't- oh wait I did, my bad, go on then" "yeah see, tryna gaslight me" she jokes making me chuckle. Bily connects her phone to the car before blaring some Billie Eilish through the speakers, can't complain about her music choice. Perks of being practically twins.

When we got home we were surprised with my boyfriend Travis, he said he was in the area and decided to come over which I'm more than happy about. I love Travis, he loves me for Taylor not just Taylor Swift. Bily made her way to her room as she does while Travis decided to help me cook dinner. Dinner is a little early tonight but me and Travis couldn't help it, we both love cooking never mind cooking together. We decided on making homemade pizzas as I had some left over pizza bases.

"Bily dinners ready!" I call out.

Bily pov

"Bily dinners ready!" I hear my sister call out. I happily skip downstairs feeling a little hungry myself even though it's a little early for dinner. My eyes light up at the sight of pizza on the table. "Thank you for dinner" I smile as I sit down next to Travis, in front of Taylor. We talk for a bit, munching on our seperate pizzas. Taylor sees the school notices on the table so she picks it up to have a ready while we shove pizza in our faces.

Suddenly she gasps catching mine and Travis's attention. "Daddy daughter dance tonight? B why didn't you tell me" "I don't have a dad Taylor I couldn't go?" I giggle as I state the obvious, it says 'moms welcome' on the bottom for kids who don't have a dad but Taylor's the closest thing I have and she can't go because she's... well she famous. "Oh honey, I'm sorry, if I had known I would've shorted something out for you I-" "I'll go with you B" Travis speaks up. Travis? Go with me?

"Wait, really?" I question as I look at him. "Yeah? Why not?" I guess he does take a fatherly role in my life but the just feels very... offical? "Well I mean, only if you wanted too" "of course I'd love to take you B, you know I'd do anything for you"
"You'd show up with me to my school for the father daughter dance?" I says still in shock. "Yes B." He confirms. "thank you thank you thank you!!!" I squeal jumping into his arms.

"Well you two better start getting ready!" Taylor squeals in excitement. I quickly scoff down one last slice of pizza before running up to my room. I take a quick shower making sure I smell nice before going into my walk-in closet. I skim through a few of my fancy dresses before my eyes land on the perfect one, now I finally get an excuse to wear it! It's a baby pink colour with one strap on my left shoulder, and the skirt is so cool and poofy. Now that I think about it, it kind of looks like Blair's from the 'Barbie Princess Charm School' movie just a lighter coloured pink!

I slip the dress on before running down to Taylor with my box of makeup. "You look gorgeous honey, you finally get to wear your new dress" Tay smiles at me. "I know! Please do my makeup?" I ask. "Ok but you're only 11 so I'm not doing anything crazy" "that's fine" i agree with her. Tay sits me down before she starts on my makeup. She adds a little bit of pink eye shadow, a tiny bit of highlighter and some pink tinted lip gloss. "How's this sweets?" She asks as she pulls her phone out so I can see myself in the reflection. "It looks amazing thank you so much Tay!" "Of course monkey"she smiles. Suddenly Travis walks in, in some nice looking clothes, he's wearing a pink button up collard shirt to match me! "Wow you look amzing Bily" "thank you, you look very handsome" I smile. "Why thank you" he smiled back. "Go get your shoes Bily" Tay says so I do just that grabbing a pair of white high top converse. I don't own any high heels, Tay thinks I'm too young which is fine because I prefer sneakers anyways. Slowly put surely both Travis and I are ready, we part ways with my sister, though she took millions of photos of us, before heading out to the school gymnasium.

We have decided that Travis is a family friend of mine for the people that want to question us. My hair is straighter than ever, which Taylor didn't like but she did it for me anyways. I nervously hold onto Travis' hand as we walk towards the entrance. As soon as we enter heads turn towards us, I forget Travis is famous in the sports Industry, I'm so used to seeing him as a normal person. Never the less Trav ignores the stares and he turns to me. "Care for a dance?" "I'd love one" I smile. We both quickly make our way to the dance floor before immediate dancing to 'party in the USA' by Aunty Miley. She's not really my aunty but she's good friends with Taylor so I've called her that ever since I was born. Me and Travis dance like we would do at home when we are home alone together forgetting that there are people around us. We dance some more, shimmying and spinning to the music, before we both decide to grab some punch as we have worn out a bit. "I don't know how Taylor does it" I say as I wipe the sweat of my forehead. "No clue, that's hard work" he agrees with me. We sip on our punch, laughing and talking away. I never really liked Joe, it's not like he did anything wrong. Well until the incident happened but other than that there was never anything wrong with him. But with Travis I liked him instantly, maybe it's the way he'd play tag and hide'n'seek with me, or he'd play 'dolls' with me when I was a bit younger, something Joe had never done with me. Travis also protects me which I really appreciate.

"Hey Brooke! Holy moly- I didn't know your dad was Travis freaking Kelce!" She says noticing the football player behind me. "Hey Blair," I chuckle "he's just a family friend but he said he'd take me since I actually don't have a dad" I tell her. "Oh I'm sorry, that's still so freaking cool. Hi I'm Blair" she says looking up at Trav. "Hi Blair I'm Travis" he smiles politely.

"Me and the girls are gonna go dance, wanna come?" She asks me. I look back at Trav as I didn't want to leave him alone but he encouraged me to go dance with my friends so that's exactly what I did. I'm very happy my friends weren't making a big deal about Travis taking me, they are all swifties so they know Travis and Taylor date and they still didn't make a big fuss, at least not out loud which makes me feel like I've made some pretty good friends.

"Have you ever met Taylor?! Since you know, her and Travis kelce date and all" Blair asks. "Pfft I wish! That would be like a dream come true but sadly I haven't, maybe in the future" I lie. After that no one mentions anything about Taylor which takes the pressure off of me to lie to them, I hate lying to them but I know I have too.

The whole night was spent with my friends and Travis dancing away to music, talking and laughing our heads off. Tonight has definitely been one of the best nights ever. Afterwards Trav and I got ice cream which we scoffed down fairly quickly, we both have a sweet tooth and we frequently bond over it. "Yeah you can have some chocolate before dinner, I won't tell Taylor but only if you get me some too" is a conversation we often have together, and I wouldn't have it any other way.