It's like me

Gracie's POV:
After making it to the suite, we were quickly greeted with the sight of scattered friends of Taylor's and some of Phoebe's. My friends were unfortunately not joining us for a couple more weeks. Phoebe was quick to leave us as she said hi to those she knew, meanwhile Henry was talking to some of the security at the door. I made my way towards the open windows, attempting to separate me and Kenna from those in the room.

I took notice of the tension that had returned to her body with the change of atmosphere. It was a safe bet that she's not a fan of crowds or new people. I blamed her immediate trust in me on the circumstances. Though her seeming trust in Taylor was a no brainer. I mean it's Taylor Swift. She was also growing more trustworthy of Phoebe which was good.

'Hey, Ken, you're ok. You can look now.' I assured her. I felt her head shift slightly, as she peeked out to take in the new surroundings. It pained me every time to see how cautious she was.

I watched her as best I could, though it wasn't easy with her head still tucked into my neck. I could see her small hand reaching to play with the ends of my hair as she let out a soft breath. Her right hand still held a firm grip on the back of my shirt and I was glad I had changed into a more comfortable outfit.

The roaring of the crowd tore my gaze back up, and as I saw the dancers beginning to make their way out I knew exactly why. I understood the feeling the crowd had, the full-body shaking that you didn't know was possible, the surreality of the moment, and the breathtaking realization that something you've been waiting so long for is actually here. It's indescribable.

As the dancers began to form their cover for Taylor to come up, I got the attention of Kenna, 'Look, babes, it's starting.'

I felt her head move a little, obviously adjusting so she could see better without giving up the cover I was providing. I walked us a little closer so she could see everything clearly. I tried not to draw attention to it, but as the performance began I could feel Kenna's curiosity come forward more and more as she slowly pulled herself from her hiding place to watch clearly.

Though when we reached the end of Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince I couldn't help but look over at her. She was so captivated that she didn't even notice me staring at her, I didn't even notice how long I'd been staring until I heard the bridge of Cruel Summer begin and watched as she softly recited every word. I felt a smile pull onto my face watching her, and I didn't try to stop myself when I leaned in to kiss her cheek.

Expecting it to startle her, I was surprised when she barely acknowledged me only leaning in to rest her head on me. I laughed softly, kissing her head, before turning to watch the show with her, leaving her head to rest against my cheek.

I swayed us back and forth to the music taking in the moment. It was a lot different to watch like this in a way I'd never expected. But there was something about it that felt so vulnerable, so raw. Like we were connecting in a whole nother way. It was perfect. I can't think of anything that could make it better.

As the song died down, transitioning to the next, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning to look, I met the smiling face of Phoebe accompanied by her incredible band mates who had joined her for the show today.

I turned us around to face them, though it didn't do much as Kenna was quick to look over my shoulder so she could continue watching.

'Hey, they wanted to say hi and check on Kenna.' Phoebe explained.

I nodded my head in understanding, giving the two girls a quick hello myself before looking at Kenna.

I rubbed her back to get her attention, 'Ken, you wanna say hi to some people who've come to see how you're doing?'