Chapter 1

Emil & Inaya

Emil POV

Emil traversed the mystical landscapes of Mid-Heaven, a realm that served as a sanctuary for those banished from both Heaven and Hell. As a "demon" vampire, his existence straddled the boundaries of light and darkness, constantly battling the bloodlust that threatened to consume him. However, when he laid his eyes upon Inaya, an angel with dirty blonde hair and emerald eyes, something stirred deep within him.

Images of a forgotten past flickered before Emil's mind, memories of a time when he was not tainted by the darkness within. He saw flashes of a childhood filled with happiness and innocence, and he realized that Inaya had been a part of that blissful time. Despite his vampiric nature, he couldn't bring himself to harm her. There was a connection, an unexplainable bond that tied their souls together.

Suppressing his bloodlust, Emil approached Inaya, revealing only a fraction of his true nature, leaving out the intricacies of his vampiric lineage. They engaged in conversation, their words dancing in the air, as Emil grappled with his own internal struggle.

As they spoke, Emil explained to Inaya, with caution and vague details, what he truly was. He wanted her to understand the complexities of his existence, to grasp the burden he carried. But he couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity when he looked into her eyes, as if they shared a history that extended beyond their current encounter.

Time slipped away unnoticed as they continued their dialogue, losing themselves in each other's presence. However, Inaya's responsibilities as an angel called her back to the heavenly realms. She realized that she had missed the grand dinner, a gathering of Archangels that she was expected to attend. Regretfully, she informed Emil of her imminent departure.

Switch to Inaya's POV

Inaya found herself amidst the grandeur of the heavenly dinner, surrounded by the esteemed Archangels. Their majestic presence filled the room as they engaged in a heated discussion, their voices echoing through the celestial halls. Unbeknownst to them, Inaya slipped in unnoticed, her mother Aurora being the only one to acknowledge her presence, promising to talk later.

Inaya observed the gathering from a distance, feeling the weight of her differences among the angelic community. She had always been labeled a troublemaker, even though she knew deep within that she was simply unique, an individual with her own path to walk. Her heart yearned for the connection she had felt with Emil, the mysterious vampire who held a piece of her forgotten past.

With a heavy sigh, Inaya excused herself, realizing that she could no longer delay her departure. The responsibilities of her celestial duties beckoned, pulling her away from the intrigue and uncertainty that had captured her attention. But as she left the grand dinner behind, her thoughts lingered on Emil and the enigmatic bond they shared, silently hoping that their paths would cross again in the vast expanse of Mid-Heaven.