Chapter 2

Soojin & Veronika

Soojin POV

Soojin's heart raced as he woke from his peaceful slumber in the heavenly realm. The sound of an alarm echoed through the ethereal halls, disrupting the tranquility that enveloped his existence. With a swift movement, he sprang to his feet, his flawless countenance reflecting in the mirror that adorned his chamber. His ice-blue eyes sparkled with determination as he prepared himself for the day ahead.

As the beloved Ice Prince of Heaven, Soojin was accustomed to a life of perfection. But today, something was amiss. He made his way to the grand dining hall, his elegant white wings stretched wide behind him, only to find that the bowl of succulent berries he usually enjoyed for breakfast was conspicuously absent.

"Hey Lilith, why so serious? Don't be jealous of these magnificent wings of mine! They're just a little extra sparkle to make life more interesting. But don't worry, I won't steal the spotlight from you." Soojin responds playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

Lilith crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, exasperated. "Seriously, Soojin? Can't you behave for once? Stop showing off those wings of yours. It's not like they're anything special. Just be normal for once, okay?" she retorts, clearly annoyed by Soojin's playful response.

Soojin grins mischievously, unfazed by Lilith's comment. "Well, if you're so unimpressed with my wings, maybe I'll just fly off to Mid-Heaven and find some magical berries for breakfast. They're the breakfast of champions, you know," he teases, feigning a dramatic exit as he flaps his wings playfully.

Lilith sighs, her annoyance fading slightly as she can't help but chuckle at Soojin's antics. "Alright, go on your magical berry adventure then. Just don't get into any trouble, okay? Have fun with your winged escapades," she says, a hint of amusement in her voice.

As he descended through the shimmering portal, a realm of ethereal beauty unfolded before his eyes. But the beauty quickly faded as Soojin found himself face-to-face with a fearsome monster, a creature known to roam the depths of Mid-Heaven under the cloak of night. Startled, 

Soojin instinctively fled, his wings propelling him far from the realm he had always known.

Lost and disoriented, Soojin found himself in an unfamiliar and secluded part of Mid-Heaven, far from the bustling heavenly city. It was there that fate intervened, leading him to a chance encounter with Veronika, a captivating being with a mysterious aura.

Veronika regarded Soojin with a mixture of curiosity and caution, her enchanting eyes sizing him up. "You shouldn't be here," she whispered, her voice carrying a hint of sadness. "This place is not meant for pretty angels like you."

Confusion clouded Soojin's gaze as he pleaded with Veronika for assistance in returning to Mid-Heaven. He had never been one to beg for aid, but he was out of his depth in this unfamiliar territory.

Veronika's face softened as she considered his plea. "I may be able to help you," she finally responded, her voice tinged with a hint of mystery. "But I require a favor in return."

Soojin's eyes widened, realizing that his journey back to his celestial home would not come without a price. However, his desire to return outweighed his apprehension. "I will do whatever it takes," he vowed, his voice laced with determination.

Unbeknownst to Soojin, a contract had been forged between him and Veronika, sealed with an ancient symbol that materialized upon his neck. With their fates now entwined, Soojin set out on a journey into the unknown, unaware of the challenges and trials that awaited him on the path to breaking Veronika's curse.

And so, with newfound purpose and an unyielding spirit, Soojin and Veronika embarked on a quest that would test the limits of their strength, unravel secrets of the mystical realm, and forge an unlikely bond that could defy the laws of both Heaven and Hell.