Chapter 9

Veronika's P.O.V.

"Felix, this is literally the 5th time I've had to explain the plan. Are you ready?" I asked, feeling a touch of frustration.

Soojin replied, "No, I'm not ready. Repeat it, and this time I'll write it down."

Inaya added, "You better, because I'm starting to get bored here."

Emil interjected teasingly, "Starting?"

Setting my annoyance aside, I took a deep breath and began reexplaining the plan. "Soojin, you go up and check if the witch is there. Inaya, you can try to fly up as well, but it's not necessary. Soojin, when you come back down, inform us of the witch's whereabouts. Got it?"

Soojin nodded, saying, "Got it."

I turned to Inaya, who seemed a bit restless. "Inaya, are you ready to camp out on the ground? There's too much light out for Soojin to safely reach the tower."

Inaya nodded in agreement, and Emil questioned, "Camp out?"

I clarified, "Yes, we'll set up a camp and wait for nighttime to arrive. It'll provide better cover for Soojin's reconnaissance."

Inaya added playfully, "After all, he's like a walking highlighter in the daylight."

Soojin pouted, "That's kinda mean, you know."

I playfully hushed Soojin, saying, "Shush."

Emil chimed in, "Alright, let's get going. Nighttime is approaching. "We set up our camp, anticipating the events to come. As we waited, we engaged in casual conversation, sharing stories and details about our lives. 

**No-ones POV**

The atmosphere was filled with both excitement and a hint of tension.

Finally, the time came for Soojin to take flight and locate the witch. He ascended into the sky while the rest of us remained on the ground, eagerly awaiting his report. Inaya, however, attempted to fly as well, but her efforts proved unsuccessful.

Soojin descended and shared the witch's location with us. As planned, he carefully brought each of us up one by one, positioning us where we needed to be. The stage was set. However, in the midst of the preparations, Inaya impulsively began moving before she was supposed to. Unbeknownst to the team, she started walking towards the witch, her actions going unnoticed.

The witch, sensing the dark energy emanating from Inaya, turned her attention toward her. Just as Inaya approached, she threw a signal to silence the witch, keeping her from alerting the others.

Confusion struck the team as we realized Inaya was missing. Worriedly, we called out for her, only for the witch to maliciously declare, "She's right here with me."

As Emil's blade struck the witch's heart, she let out a blood-curdling scream that reverberated through the night. Her voice twisted and distorted, filled with a mixture of agony and fury.

"Curse you, wretched creatures!" she spat, her voice laced with venom. "You may have won this battle, but mark my words, the darkness shall rise again. Your victory is but a fleeting moment in the face of eternal damnation!"

Her words carried a chilling prophecy, a reminder that the forces of evil never truly perish. Even in defeat, the witch sought to sow seeds of doubt and fear.

As the life ebbed from her, she let out one final sinister laugh. It echoed through the air, a haunting reminder of the twisted path she had walked.

The team rushed to Inaya's side, their concern palpable. Emil gently cradled her, his eyes filled with worry. "Are you alright, Inaya? Did she harm you?"

Inaya blinked, shaking off the residual effects of the encounter. She mustered a weak smile and replied, "I'm... I'm fine. Just a bit shaken. Thank you, all of you, for coming to my rescue."

Veronika placed a comforting hand on Inaya's shoulder. "We're a team, Inaya. We look out for each other. No matter the dangers we face, we'll always have each other's backs."

Soojin chimed in, a mixture of relief and excitement in his voice. "That was intense! We really showed that witch who's boss! I mean, Emil's killing blow was just... epic!"

Emil's cheeks flushed with a hint of pride, but he remained modest. "It was a team effort. We all played our part in bringing her down."

Inaya nodded, a newfound determination in her eyes. "Indeed. And now, we must remain vigilant. The darkness may linger, but we shall stand strong against it. Together."