03| the probability of finding celebrities in a grocery store

t h r e e | the probability of finding celebrities in a grocery store

Cess didn't want to go grocery shopping with Pryn.

And so she, Pryn Dayana, was all alone in deciding which cereal was better.

Life was tough.

"I would pick Froot Loops, if I were you," someone suggested behind her ear.

She was slightly surprised when that someone was actually Matthew fucking Wills, in a hoodie and wearing sunglasses just like her, but she knew without a doubt it was him.

Of all the grocery stores to shop, he had to choose here, Pryn thought with a bit of irritation.

"Pryn?" Matthew whispered (so that no one could hear and to avoid a mob, sigh, celebrity life), "It's me, Matthew."

"No duh," Pryn rolled her eyes, which was useless because her eyes were hidden by a pair of sunglasses too.

Matthew grinned, his green eyes crinkling so cutely, and laughed.

Pryn felt her face heat up, and there was an unfamiliar feeling settling in her stomach.

Damn that boy for his charming smile and adorable laugh. Now Pryn felt like she wasn't in control, and she hated that feeling.

"Is there anything funny, Matt?" Pryn asked calmly. If only her hormones would calm the fuck down, too. Jee-zuz.

Matthew shook his head and grinned again (god.damn), "Nothing, you just seemed like you were freaking out on our third date two days ago, and now you're so calm."

Cess had freaked out on their date? So that's why she wanted to murder me. . .

Wanting to change the topic, Pryn reached for a Coco Puffs cereal box and shook it in front of Matthew's face.

"And she doesn't take my advice. My fair lady, you wound me." Matthew pouted, clutching his chest.

"I'm hardly your lady, Matty." Pryn scoffed as she placed the cereal box on her cart. But quite frankly, she secretly liked the sound of it.

Matthew's lips curled into his infamous smirk, and then leaned closer to Pryn, "Wanna bet?" He says quietly. Pryn must be hallucinating, but it seemed that Matthew was leaning in for a kiss.

And, boy, did Pryn wanted one.

But her marimba ringtone went off.

The vibration of Pryn's phone snapped her back to reality, she stumbled backwards, her breath quickening by the second.

Matthew's eyes also snapped open and rubbed his neck sheepishly while staring at the floor with newfound interest.

It was okay that she wanted to kiss him, right? They've already known each other for a couple of months now and they already had, like, three dates (well the third date with Cess didn't actually count but still) so that's okay, right?

Hands trembling, she fished out the phone out of her pocket, only to be greeted by a spam of texts from, surprise suprise, Cess.

From Cess:
i want to go to the mall, wanna come?

From Cess:
fine, ill go there alone.

From Cess:
so i changed my mind and would go to a pharmacy near ur building instead (life gave the monthly gift)

From Cess:
a teen is screaming ur name..the fuuck?

From Cess:
holy sht they think im u WTF

From Cess:
i hate ur lyf and also HELP UR TWIN U BITCH

Pryn swore under her breath and stuffed the phone back in her pocket. "Something came up, I have to go." She said quietly, looking up just in time to see a bit of disappointment in his green eyes but he quickly gave Pryn a small smile, "You're just gonna leave your groceries?"

"It's a bit of an emergency," She blurted out.

"I can drive you?"

"No, no!" Pryn quickly refused, he cannot see Cess-- it'll ruin the whole thing. "I have a car and- bye!" She then ran outside the store, leaving a confused and rather hurt pop-star in Aisle number three.

_____

matthew and pryn have known each other for a long time coz of work.
just clearin that up ok

#maryn ? (weird tho cos im not really shipping it)

uh huh i changed the story name and the cover becuz change is for the better and we need to accept change.

deep ryt?

Vomment