04 | Of confusion and a budding romance.

this is going to be a Matthew chapter whoop
______

f o u r | Of confusion and a budding romance.

Matthew tapped his pen against his notebook unconsciously.

"Matthew? Something wrong?" Billy, his manager and probably his only constant friend, asked him. "You've been staring blankly into space for a few hours now," He added.

And something wrong, there was. Matthew just couldn't compose songs anymore these days, which used to have been a piece of cake before. Or rather, Matthew couldn't write songs that didn't describe Pryn.

That didn't describe her hazel eyes.

That didn't describe her wit.

That didn't describe how cool and calm she was.

That didn't describe how much confused he gets when one days she talks so directly with no boundaries and then she gets nervous the next day.

He met her a few months ago, because of work since Pryn is a rising artist.

Matthew remembered their first date, when they were just inside his condo, making pillow forts and just talking to each other, and arguing at little things that didn't even matter.

On their second date, which they were in Pryn's penthouse, they were talking about their secrets and fears, and she had blurted out, "Y'know, people always tell me I'm fearless and wild, but I'm quite the opposite; I'm a coward."

That made Matthew want to get to know her more, and so he had said, "Why don't I take you to a real date?"

Pryn had hesitated at first, but then she slowly nodded her head, "Okay."

But on their 'real' date, Pryn wasn't being herself, she was being distant and awkward- as if she forgotten all the time they shared together. Which got Matthew confused.

And then there was their almost kiss back at the grocery store, where Pryn had been herself and then freaked out again.

Matthew sighed, running his hand through his messy brown hair, it was without a doubt that Pryn was a mystery to him.

And also, that Matthew had an undeniable, very big crush on her.

____

writing this was hard. damn. and messy. double damn.
but-- a few more chaps to go till the end woohoo

i kind of picture Harry Styles as Matthew although its not official & he can be whoever singer u want honestly

dont forget to vomment. *winky face