06| Confessions and Risks.

i was about to publish this chapter but everything i wrote was gone??? what the actual fuck, wattpad? ugh i am beyond pissed right now.

unedited

_____

S i x | Confessions and Risks.

"Can somebody please tell me what the heck is going on?" Matthew pleads, running his fingers through his (long and unruly) hair, looking utterly confused.

"Um—"

Bewildered, he fired another question, "Who was I even dating?"

"Both of— I mean, Pryn, I guess?"

What the heck? Why was Cess even the one talking here? For all she knew, Pryn was the one who dragged her here in the first place. But her twin, however, looked as if she was frozen in place.

Cess bit her lip at first and then tilted her head to the side, pointing Pryn, "She'll be the one explaining."

Matthew gazes away from Cess to Pryn, waiting for an explanation. But she didn't even budge.

"Pryn," Cess hissed, "A little help will do, thanks."

"So if she's Pryn. . ." Matthew looks at Cess once again, "who are you?"

All his questions seems to make Cess annoyed. She folded her arms across her chest and huffed, "I'm Cess, Pryn's twin. Nice to meet'cha." She added the last part sarcastically.

"You are, obviously- her twin, I mean," He rambled on, "God, I saw a movie like this once- The Parent Trap."

Something appeared to have made Pryn snap back to reality, and she rolled her eyes and said, "You're not even our parent," she continued, "plus we're not ginger or white."

He turned to Pryn and his shoulders visibly slumped (he was so into Pryn) and awkwardly mumbled, "I know you're asian. Sorry, I'm just freaking out."

Pryn sighed while nodding, "Yeah, I know. Why don't you sit down and let us explain?" She asked in a calm tone- as if she wasn't freaking out earlier.

Cess fleered at that, "I don't think I owe him an explanation, though. Peace out," She walked out of the room, leaving the two alone.

Pryn tensed at first, this was going to be awkward and uncomfortable. But she shrugged it off her shoulders and began to explain.

______

"I told you I'm a coward, Matty."

"Okay, but why did you do it?"

Matthew added in a whisper, "Pryn, you know I wouldn't hurt you, right?"

But that was just it. Pryn knew she liked Matthew in a not as platonic way. She knew that when he fucking grinned at her (she was sold that fast, what an idiot). And as the months go by knowing each other even more, they both earned the title of being each other's best friend. (Of course Cess is also her best friend, but she was more than that- she was her sister.)

Maybe Matthew wouldn't hurt her, but what if. . .what if she hurt herself? What if she mess things up and break her own heart? Was that even possible?

The answer: yes it was. So she just couldn't, like, Pryn just can't risk something important. She just can't risk her fucking heart.

Matthew sighed at Pryn's silence and placed his hand on top of hers, "I like you, Pryn- like, a lot."

Fuck.

And then there were fireworks.

She's kidding, of course the fireworks didn't happen. But in her mind it did, and the butterflies in her stomach were in an all time high.

Way to make a girl even more speechless, Matty.

"You like me too don't you?" He asked, a hint of desperation in his voice.

Of course she does.

Parting her lips, she sighed and whispered,

"I don't."

_____

THE END

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

lol im kidding, few chaps to go tho woohoo

btw Pryn is stubborn af but i understand her

i'm not mad at wattpad anymore cos i like this version better hahaha though it took me a few days just staring at the blank screen and thinking, 'wtf did i wrote?'

anyway here ya go

smh, (that means so much love)

veronica x