☁ Them with a best friend who has unsupportive parents ☁

↫↱How would the twins react when they find out your parents are unsupportive of you being apart of the LGBTQIA+ community? 🤔↲↬

This will be written in a headcanon formatting and in a Kimetsu Academy au! Reader will be referred to with gender neutral terms!

↞⇼↠

↣ Both twins come to similar conclusions pretty quickly after you explain what happened; Your parents are a piece of shit. They just don't understand/can't comprehend how a parent could think differently of their child just because they're a little different from them. ( Especially after they gained the courage to tell them ) It both confuses them and pisses them off to think about.

↣ Don't be afraid to ask them if you can sleep over their house. They've already explained the situation to their parents ( With your consent of course ) and they're more than happy to let you stay over for as long as you need to! You have the Tokito Family's full support so if you're having trouble at home don't be scared to speak up about it. They'll find some way to help you out!

↣ If your parents won't allow you to buy certain clothes the twins aren't against buying it for you and simply keeping it in their closet for you to wear whenever you come over. Don't worry, it doesn't inconvenience them in the slightest. As long as you're happy and comfortable, they wouldn't mind spending their life savings on you. ( You're their best friend after all! )

↣ Muichiro is great at making you feel better if you're ever insecure about yourself. To him ( And everyone else in his family ) you're sweet, funny, beautiful, handsome, and just overall amazing in every way shape and form and he doesn't mind telling you just that! You shouldn't let others get you down because you're being yourself no matter what they say! In his opinion, they're just jealous that you're brave enough to be yourself and be happy despite society's opinion.

↣ Yuichiro is always quick to hop to your defense if he sees that someone is making you uncomfortable/bothering you. This boy will defend you with his life if he has to and he doesn't mind getting physical with someone if he sees that they're trying to harm you. ( And best believe that Muichiro is there too and either comforting you or joining in on the argument/fight )

↣ I'm telling you now, your parents aren't going to like them. Even though they're ( somewhat ) civil when they speak to them, the backhanded comments that get thrown around could potentially cause some tension between your parents and the twins. They just can't help themselves from slyly talking shit when they're around. How could they when they're such garbage human beings? ( In their opinion, it's the only way they should be talk to but if you're against it they'll stop their 'disrespectful behavior'..or at the very least they'll stop with the off-the-wall comments and instead say their piece after your parents are far enough away that they can't hear them )

↣ Shopping with them can be just..a hot mess. You can't get a proper opinion on anything because they think you look good in anything that makes you happy. ( Which, as nice as that is, isn't very helpful when you're indecisive and or trying to buy something that you can sleep on and be like 'Ah yes, that was a great purchase I made the other day' ) They also get really protective over you which has led them to punching the shit out of a few people that they found side-eyeing you.

↣ They don't know much about things like binders and such but they don't mind learning for you! Whatever it is that they need know, they'll learn it! However, the more knowledgeable they get, be prepared to not get away with doing certain stuff like wearing a binder for longer than the recommended time period. ( You may find it overbearing but they don't want you to hurt yourself! )

↣ Don't be afraid to tell them your boundaries! They want you to feel comfortable and safe around them so if there's something that they do that makes you uncomfortable, please tell them! They'll make sure to never do it again!

↣ Yuichiro once tried to be sweet and surprise you with a pride flag but he bought the wrong one and ended up getting laughed at by both you and his brother. Even though you thanked him for the attempt after you finished dying of laughter, he was still super embarrassed about it and refuses to bring it up to this day.

↣ Muichiro once called your parents a stupid bitch to their faces when they tried to prove to you that your identity/sexual orientation wasn't valid. He just found the situation so stupid that it slipped out. It took a lot of convincing for your parents to allow him back into your house after that.. 

↣ If someone at school finds out about your situation and decides to support your parents and or harass you in anyway best believe the situation will be handled accordingly. Now, they can't promise that they'll be the friendliest of people when handling the situation but they can promise that the situation will be handled!

↣ If you get kicked out your parent house, they're immediately taking you in. They're parents don't mind so you can stay as long as you need/want to which is great because that means they can spend time with their best friend more! Although, they can't promise they'll be willing to agree with you if you ever for some reason decide to go back home or something. ( Yuichiro especially. He'd look at you as if you've gone batshit insane )

↣ If you need to be cheered up but can't visit them, call them! Muichiro will provide you the positive affirmation you need while Yuichiro distracts you by telling you about some embarrassing/funny story that has happened to Muichiro. ( It usually leads to the two bickering over the phone but best believe they'll keep you entertained! )

↣ Overall these two are your best friends and biggest supporters! They love you for you no matter your identity or sexual orientation and although they show it in different ways, their intent is to make you feel safe, comfortable, and loved even if they're a little clueless when it comes to certain things.

↞⇼↠

Don't know if I did this correctly and I definitely strayed away from the topic at some point but I hope I was able to bring you all the comfort you deserve! I so desperately hope I didn't disrespect anyone by writing this ( And if I did please tell me! I'll apologize and immediately take this down! ) I simply wanted to write something for pride month as well as give my support to those who may struggle with unsupportive parents, family members, etc!

Happy pride month to all my readers! I love you! I love your supposed 'flaws' and 'imperfections' as well as your many strengths and I want you to know that you're amazing, beautiful, handsome people who I wish to protect and cherish for as long as I am able to!

Kisses and hugs, lovelies! Bye byeee~! <3