2: Enter, The Genius Kettle!

As I scrolled over the list of streamers connected to the keyword 'Genius', I couldn't help but notice the huge number of vtubers. There seems to be a lot of them in the site as of lately, indie or not. I should take note of this for later.

Among all of them however, one stood out clearly from the rest. The first and most relevant result that popped out was that of a white-haired girl with purple streaks, wearing a rather strange purple outfit and a golden cube as her necklace. 'henyathegenius', her channel name read.

 'henyathegenius', her channel name read

Quite a redundant name. I'm guessing the 'Henya' part of her name came from the Spanish word 'Genia', which quite literally means genius. So, it reads like 'Genius the genius' to me.

...I'm over analyzing again. Control yourself, Ayanokoji.

Anyways, Henya's follower count is quite big already, considering she's only debuted for little less than a month. 150,000+... More than five times than that of mine.

It's much lower than Filian, but I feel like she's still too popular for me... Oh, well.

I checked her 'about me', noticing the dual languages written on it. I'm guessing Henya speaks at least Japanese and English then, as she's catering for fans of both languages.

"A VShojo Member. A genius with an IQ of 999. She has escaped from a research facility that gathers children with special abilities and has retreated into a hyperdimensional space to hide from her pursuers. The name Henya comes from the Spanish word Genia (genius)." Her profile read.

So she's affilliated with an agency. This might make business with her a bit of a hassle. Aside from that, her made-up lore hit quite close to home for me. Escaping facilities that mess around with children... is it that popular of a trope?

"Oh, she just went live." Perfect timing.

I join in on right away, seeing nothing but her waiting screen. Most streamers do these for some reason. Perhaps to give some time for their fans to gather, or something. I never did this myself, honestly.

Meanwhile, some people were chatting idly on her chatbox, expressing their excitement for the upcoming stream or just cheering for Henya.

So this is what a popular streamer's chatbox looks like.

After six minutes or so, she eventually appears with the same model I've seen on her videos' thumbnails. It's quite intriguing seeing a high-quality vtuber model like this... Her eyes move quite lively, which I'm assuming is caused by an eye-tracker. As she speaks, the lips move accordingly as well.

"Ohayo! Ohayo. Good morning, everyone~" she says with a smile, looking directly in the camera. "Thank you for joining me as usual!"

 "Thank you for joining me as usual!"