4: Click, the Circles

A/N: 4,395 words. It's late, but you guys sure are eating good this chapter...

Huge thanks to MrCluckYou for making some of the gifs I used in this chapter! Now, go write LPK please.

=-...-=

"-that's all for today, everyone! Goodbye dayo!"

"Until next time."

Me and Henya ended our stream with grinning faces... Well, perhaps it was only Henya that was grinning, but what I meant to say was that the collab ended on a very positive note.
Both me and Henya reached quite the number of concurrent viewers, and we even earned a substantial amount of money from the various donations and new subs we got. Her manager definitely let us know of how successful the collab was on a post-stream group call.

...

After settling the technical side of things with that woman, I was left alone on the call with Henya herself. Her breathing seemed to quicken when she realized this.

"It was nice working with you, Henya. I had fun." I casually said so.

"...A-ah, yeah, me too! It was refreshing playing with someone so new to games like you. I..." she paused for some reason. "-I would definitely like to collab with you some more in the future. If that's fine for you, of course!"

One thing I noticed about her is that her voice didn't sound different from her vtuber's persona at all. Well, I already took note of this during that phone call I did with her before the stream, but it's nice to confirm it now that she's off-stream.

So she doesn't use a voice changer, huh? That simplfies things.

"I should be the one saying that, really. But of course, I accept."

"That's great! I'll tell manager later, don't worry about dealing with her anymore. E- ehehe..."

Now that the work-related topics have dried out, Henya's voice shrinks back in nervousness. Hmm. She really seems tense with me. Or is she just that shy?

"...Erm, Ayanokoji-kun? Can I ask you something a bit... personal?"

That doesn't sound good.

"Depends. What is it?"

"Uhh, your name..." once again, she stops talking for a moment, seemingly trying to find the right words. "...you know what, n-nevermind! It sounds too personal after all."

"Are you wondering if my real name is actually Ayanokoji Kiyotaka?"

It's natural that she'd grow curious, if not suspicious, of someone like me. Someone claiming to have the same name and appearance as a fairly popular fictional character... at the very least, most people would label such person as delusional.

"Um... yeah. But you don't need to answer it, I can just treat it like a vtuber name or something. Right?" So she doesn't believe it's my name.

I guess it doesn't really matter this early.

"Yeah, that works."

At least she wasn't calling me a weirdo outright. If Uto didn't see me come out of that portal, she'd probably be distrustful of me as well.

...Well, her knowing my real character should make her even more suspicious of me, but for some reason, Uto doesn't. But that's a question for another day.

What I'm trying to say is, people would naturally doubt my legitimacy. At least, until I start showing more of my inhuman feats, that is. But that's not my goal, so I don't really have any reason to do that... for now.