Drama

I groaned as I fought hard to block the blinding ray of light that seeped through the curtains of my room. The chirping of birds and the usual clattering of utensils from the kitchen announced the arrival of morning.

Peace. Was over.

The most dreaded day any person could hope for had arrived in its full glory, ready to kill the peace and happiness of every sane person on the planet.

Monday.

Which meant school.

I contemplate the idea of pretension or honesty laying on my bed. The unstoppable force my mother would knock or barge directly into my room in a matter of minutes.

The idea of pretension- to pretend to be sick- or honesty- to come clean and reason with her- weighed on the scale of my mind. This is a crisis.

It had only been a week since my trip to Kalos and Vanville and regardless of me sorting my priorities and arranging my expectation and my wishes into a box to be buried forever. I struggled.

The weight of moving on takes a toll and I was paying the price of it. In simple words, I wasn't ready.

The hand of my clock stuck 8 am and the alarm went off. With it my time to think. The footstep on the corridor was the countdown. The countdown told me that my time was up. Every step was a constant reminder that if there was one person even time can't defeat was coming.

"Time to wake up Ash, it's a school day", a command sugar-coated in simple informing words.

I half opened my eyes pretending to be just woken up to face her, just like a choreography I've rehearsed a million times, I rub my eyes with my palm followed by a whiny groan. " Is it already?" I questioned.

"Yes".

"Now freshen up. Breakfast will be 20".

"Ahhh...mom....".

"Yeah? What is it?"

The time to pretend or come clean had arrived. My mind still stood in the dilemma of the decision either to miss my first day or attend school regardless of how I felt.
"Uhh... Nothing", I sighed defeated.

Pretension or Honesty, neither would help me if I didn't face it. I had to move on. I had to keep moving. I made a promise.

***

I was making my way through the crowd of students towards the school auditorium where the orientation was being held, Kanto high was your typical run-of-the-mill high school equipped with all the basic facilities and few fancy teachers. While the school displayed an air of modesty and simplicity, its curriculum was anything but rigorous.

Kanto High was ranked as the top high school in all of Japan. Only the students who were considered "top dogs" were lucky enough to be admitted here. The exam held before getting admitted into Kanto High is infamous for elimination rather than selection.

While this modest establishment looked purely normal from the outside however behind the closed door of this institution rested one of the most demanding faculties not in just academics but in sports as well.

While I made my way to the school's auditorium for my orientation, I caught glimpses of upper-class men on the track stretching before their practice. The smell of chemicals emanated from the chemistry lab as I took a final right turn toward the auditorium.

Walking through the narrow aisle between the chairs I took a seat in the middle row and sat next to some of the freshmen year students who would probably be my clique in the future.