Meeting

"Hey", I started.

Dread  is the word that could that filled me as I soaked in every words in the letter. A hard lump rose up my throat, flooded out through my cracked jaws hoarsing my voice.

I broke my own rules.

***

I changed from my PJs and went out of my home for some fresh air, I plugged in my earphones to avoid the sounds of neighbors and the street traffic, two lanes down I saw a house finally rented by a family, I crossed the street and made my way to the new family.

"Hey Clemont, is that you?" I called out to him.

" Is it Ash?"

A young bespectacled science nerd carrying a heavy backpack ran towards me, "yeah it's me, who else" I said.

'Man, this is so amazing. I never would have thought we'd meet someday' he said dreamily.

I still can't believe I am finally meeting one of my best online buddies, and now he's here to stay. I extended my arm towards him, he grabbed it firmly and shook a friendly handshake. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a young little blonde girl hiding behind Clemont.

"Who is she Clemont?"

"Oh! she's my little sister Bonnie. Remember I told you about her once"

Clemont told me about his trip to Hawaii, he told me it would be an amazing trip if Bonnie wouldn't be there. I thought it was rude for him to say this cause Bonnie is after all his little sister but when he told me the reason, Man I couldn't hold myself to laugh out like a maniac. As innocent as Bonnie might look, she is a devil in angel's face.

She knelt down to every single girl on the beach asking them to marry Clemont. " I swear even hell fire wouldn't tan me like Bonnie does when she embarrasses me in front of every single girl in Hawaii," I quoted his words from our conversation.

" Let's find a keeper for her" I knelt down to her and gave her an evil smile.

"Deal",

I wonder if I am good with kids or it's just Bonnie but what happened next was pretty scary, she lunged at me and wrap her arms around me in a tight hug, and giggled. I couldn't help but envy Clemont for having such an adorable little sister.

"Let's get in, Mom and Dad would love to meet you" she pointed her fingers towards the door. 'Oh alright, do you want me to give you a piggyback inside?'. She nodded and we got inside.

'Let's go Clemont, It's your house after all,' I grinned at his dumbstruck face, I am sure he must be wondering he is doomed after watching Bonnie and I teaming up. "Y-Yeah yes! C- coming" he stuttered.

I met Mr. and Mrs. Meyer and after some small talk. Clemont invited me to his room. I was on my way to his room when I saw mechanical frames of a robot arm hanging out of a cardboard box, I gulped and ran towards his room. "Wh-What was that arm hanging?".

"Oh! I make inventions, they're just some of my accessory prototype parts for my new project, It's called Aipom arm, you see..., I am going to integrate those mechanical arms to my backpack and here", he held remote control, "with this, will control it. It can be programmed to move accordingly to the desired condition when turned on, Moreover--". After almost half an hour of his aipom arm demonstration, he finally shut up.

"Ah-aah Cool!" I groaned, I never liked science lecture anyway, I always preferred a demonstration to any explanation. But Clemont has always been into science for as long as I can remember. Watching his eyes lit in  passion for science was scary.