Chapter Six - Visions

Word Count: 1,694 words.

Warnings: None.

Sitting at the Wheeler's kitchen island, I tried everything I could to calm my shaking hand. Nothing was working. It wasn't real. It couldn't be real. The hallucinations hadn't been this bad before. At least, not since I was a kid. I wasn't sure that my medication was working anymore.

"Here," Mike muttered, placing a bottle of aspirin in front of me and a glass of water.

I smiled. "Thanks kid," I muttered, opening the bottle and taking out two of the pills. I swallowed then, taking a short drink as I did.

"I'm sorry I pushed you into the bathroom," he apologised. "I didn't know you were claustrophobic."

Right. That's what I had told him. That I was claustrophobic. That was my excuse. "It's fine Wheeler, I'll live. Just a small headache."

He nodded. "Still sorry."

I placed a gentle had on his shoulder, patting it lightly before turning my gaze to their phone. "Can I use your phone?" I asked him.

Mike nodded. "Yeah, of course." Leaving out the door he had came, I took notice of how Eleven stood waiting for him. Her gaze met mine for a moment before I turned away and took the phone from the wall.

It rang twice before he picked up. "This is the Munson residence," he greeted sarcastically.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I posed.

Eddie must have been able to hear the fear in my voice because the next thing he said wasn't in response to my question.

"What happened?" he asked, tone changing to worried.

I took a deep breath, twisting the chord of the phone around my finger. "I'm seeing things again. More than usual. More than I ever had, and he whispers."

My eyes brimmed with tears and I wasn't sure why. Sniffling, I wiped the tears from my cheeks, turning to rest my side against the wall.

"I'm coming to get you. Where are you?" he asked. I could hear him moving around.

"You don't have a car," I explained.

"I'll walk. Where are you?"

Closing my eyes for a moment, I smiled at his words. "The Wheeler house."

"What are you doing there?" he asked. "Wait, no, it doesn't matter. I'm on my way."

I shook my head. "I'll drive home, don't be walking all the way here."

"I'll walk to the other end of the world if I have to. Are you alright?"

No. "Yes, I haven't seen anything again, but I just... I don't think the meds are working anymore."

"Then we'll get new ones."

"We don't have the money for that," I countered.

"I've got some saved up."

"For college," I reminded him.

"You're more important than college."

Taking a deep breath, I sighed. "I'll leave now. Be in home in ten minutes."

"I'll be waiting for you. We'll head up to the doctors office," he told me.

"Okay." There was a small pause before I spoke again. "I love you."

"I know."

I hung up the phone, hovering over it for a moment as I tried to collect myself. It wasn't real. None of it was real, and yet...