Chapter Ten - Will

Word Count: 2,027 words. 

Warnings: None. 

Walking into school the next morning felt odd. Well, it was probably due to the fact that by the time I woke up, it was closer to lunch. That's where I was now. Sitting in the cafeteria, no food in front of me as I waited for Nancy to get there.

I had argued with Eddie that morning about Will. Having been able to get a couple of hours sleep last night, I wanted to be out looking for him. He had to be in those woods somewhere, but the fact that he had been missing days now rather than hours wasn't filling me with confidence.

I could see my brother watching me carefully from across the cafeteria. He had his own friends, and they were engaging in their own conversation, but he wasn't paying much attention to them. I tried to show him that I was alright with small smiles, but he didn't seem convinced.

"Where have you been?" Nancy's voice echoed.

I brought my attention to her as she approached, Steve, Carol and Tommy with her. They all settled themselves at the table around me.

"Where have I been? I wonder. Maybe exactly where you left me. Why did you take my car?" I replied.

She sighed. "I had to get home."

"Couldn't have waited for me to wake up? I had to get a ride off dingus here." I gestured to Steve.

"You got it back, didn't you?" she retaliated. She seemed to find nothing wrong with what she had done despite how many times I had told her that I didn't like anyone touching my car.

"Whatever," I muttered. Already feeling fed up with her. I stood up, moving around the table. I needed to look for Will, regardless of what Eddie said.

"Where are you going now?" Carol asked. "To get drunk in someone else's house?"

I sighed. "Piss off Carol."

"Hey," Tommy spat. "Don't talk to her like that."

He rose from his chair, moving to stand in front of me. Tommy was several inches taller than me, making him imposing to an average girl, or person for that matter. I wasn't average.

"Like what? Like the bitch she is? Like the assholes you all are?" I argued.

He took a threatening step forward. I didn't move. "You're the one who's crazy. Little miss pill popper."

My gaze turned on Steve as my stomach dropped. "You told them?" I posed.

He shook his head. "Munson."

"You know what? Fuck you Harrington. I thought, maybe you've got a little bit of a heart but – "

"I told them," Nancy cut me off.

I turned to her as she stood to meet me. "What?"

"I saw them when I looking for your keys. I'm sorry Thalia, I didn't know what the prescription was for. Tommy's dad is a chemist and he said it for –"

"Schizophrenic hallucinations," Tommy finished for her. "Seems like you're actually crazy Munson."

I was still looking at Nancy. She looked as though she regretted it. As though she felt guilty for what she had revealed, but then she smiled.

"I'm sorry Lia."

I nodded slowly. "Fuck you."

"What?" Nance asked, surprised. "It's no big deal Lia."