Chapter Seven - Steve Harrington

Word Count: 2,555 words. 

Warnings: Emetophobia (mentions of vomiting).

Nancy was still trying to touch up the edges of her make-up as I drove the car up to Steve Harrington's house. I parked on the curb just outside, taking the keys from the ignition for a moment as I turned to look at Nance and Barb.

"I'll pick you guys up in a couple of hours or so," I explained, hand on the steering wheel.

"What?" Nancy asked, now finished putting her eyeliner on. "You said you were going to come in with us."

I shook my head. "It's been a long day and Eddie's expecting me home," I tied to explain.

Nancy leaned herself through the seats, facing me. "Come on Lia. You need to let loose a little bit. You and Jonathon have been out constantly looking for Will –"

"With no results," I reminded her. "We'll go back out in the morning but I need sleep for that."

She titled her head. "Please. Just for an hour and then you can leave."

Sighing, I looked at the time on my watch. It had only been a half an hour since I left Eddie. I suppose I could get some booze before going home.

"Alright," I agreed, smiling. "Let's go."

Opening the door of my car, I let out a heavy sigh as I stepped out onto the pavement. His house was big. I mean, it was probably larger than a dozen of my trailer's put together. He was an only child, as far as I knew, and I suddenly wondered what it was they needed so many rooms for. There were families much bigger than the Harringtons that needed space like this, but I suppose you had to be as rich as them to get it.

Nancy was first to knock on the door of the house and I watched a nervous Barb fiddle in front of me. The music coming from inside was extremely loud.

"Barb, chill," Nancy muttered, although she herself looked nervous enough.

Sighing, I pushed in between the two of them, approaching the door. I began banging aggressively on it. I was mid-knock when the door was opened, Steve Harrington swinging around the greet us.

"Hello ladies."

"Where's the booze Harrington?" I asked.

Perking a brow, he gestured inside. "Good to see you too Munson."

"Always a pleasure."

"We're set up out the back!" he called after me. "Hello beautiful," I heard him mutter before I found myself looking at a pool.

"Jesus," I muttered.

"If it isn't Thalia Munson," Tommy greeted, Carol and him stood by the edge of the water, a beer can in each of their hands.

"If it isn't Todd and Carrie. Oh wait, sorry, Todderick and Catherine. I'm terrible with full names," I retaliated, spotting the table with the beer on it and making my way over.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Steve walked outside with Nancy and Barb in toe. Wheeler was all but glued to his side whereas Barb looked entirely out of place. I had a bad feeling about her being here.

Steve's eye caught mine and I turned quickly, opening the top of the can. Harrington approached my side.

"Are we going to talk about it?" he asked quietly.

"About what?" I returned, taking a long drink of the beer.

"About how you almost ran me over today," he told me, sending a glance away from me before returning his eyes to the side of my face. "You didn't look too good."