14 - Riviera Grey

I will end you Onyx, I threatened mentally, trying to get his attention.

It took a lot less effort to do that than to make sure the sound waves only reached his ears and not the traitor and his girlfriend's.

Oh, you might be curious as to what exactly my ability is.

Ha.

We'll it's a bit late but I don't see any reason to keep you in suspense for any longer. (Though the cruelty of that would be fun.)

I'm sort of an elementalist but my ability might also be considered in the magic category.

I can control waves of any kind.

Sound waves come most easily.

Waves in the ocean are also like second nature now.

When I was young my mother thought I inherited her ability and trained me like one would a water elementalist. (Meaning it was a lot more difficult than it should have been for me.)

In the end it only made me stronger.

The unfortunate thing is that by the time my parents realized what my actual ability was, and stopped thinking that their daughter just had two, I'd already lost valuable time in properly training my ability.

So in theory I could also manipulate light waves and heart rates and the currents of the mind, but it might be a little too late to make those skills useful.

Anyways, my parents kept the news of my actual ability secret so my reputation would be more formidable.

The heir of the Grey family. The one with natural silver hair and two abilities.

Combine that with the name I've made for myself and yeah.

Pretty scary.

(So you'd think that Onyx would have listened when I told him to stay back.)

A sudden thought invaded my mind.

I can't leave those people to die, he transmitted.

(Gosh that was annoying. The stupid guy just thinks that he can invade my mind whenever.)

You're out of your league, I told him, hoping he was still listening in on my thoughts.

I've dealt with the Red Hounds before, and yes I know what they're actually called. Not just the 'mob'. He thought about me.

These aren't your everyday reckless and power hungry buffoons you LIGHTS normally face, I thought loudly, These people are smart and dangerous.

A shadow that had been dancing along a mountain of scraps froze.

He hesitated. I noted. Perfect. That ment I had his location.

"Get out of there Onyx," I told him, manipulating the sound waves again so that they only made it to his ears.

What about the-

"I'll take care of it," I told him. "It was your job to get us here," I reminded, "Try and get in their heads while I take care of this, and information is helpful."

With that the distant shadow retreated and I took it as an all clear.

Onyx might be a Hero, but I was nothing if not effective.

The first thing I did was flood the junkyard.

I used the silent stream from the fire hydrant to flush all of the hostages out and down at least half a block away, some further.