17 - Gram Willy

I woke up feeling groggy and disoriented.

And wet.

I distinctly remember that. When my eyes adjusted I took in a strange room that I'd never seen before.

What the- I wondered, confused as to where I was.

I suddenly remembered the party yesterday.

Crap, did I-? I started to wonder but quickly dismissed it. I remember that I didn't drink anything at all and I definitely didn't do anything with anyone.

The last thing I remember was- schist. I cursed. I got drugged. I realized at last.

Someone cleared their throat.

I nearly flinched but my LIGHTS training let me leap my composure.

I slowly turned around and sat up.

There was a dark haired girl in a red flannel standing there. She looked familiar.

The girl from the party, I recognized immediately.

No, I realized. In better light...

It took me a minute to process. Last night, in the weird dim black-lit room her face was distorted somewhat. (That's probably part of why I couldn't find Carter.)

But in the sunlight from the wide windows in this strange room, I recognized her for who she really was.

I stood up cautiously, and she noticed.

She smirked.

"I take it, you recognize me now?" She asked, with a slight head tilt.

I unconsciously swallowed.

I took a half step back.

Something about her smile and the glint in her forest green eyes seriously disturbed me.

There's a reason Avory Slayer has the reputation she does, I thought.

"What do you want?" I asked, somehow keeping my voice level.

She chuckled a bit and crossed the room to sit at a table. She motioned for me to do the same.

Hesitantly I followed.

I sat down in the chair she motioned to and she flipped her's around and sat as well.

"What to do with you," she mumbled to herself, looking me over.

I fought the urge to swallow again.

"So, where's your partner?" I asked, unable to hide how uncomfortable I was.

She leaned forward, resting her arms on the back of the chair.

She looked at me for a moment before smiling.

"Out," she said simply. (You could hear the smile in her tone.)

I rolled my eyes. Her coy answer settled my nerves some.

She's still that girl from the party, I reminded myself, She cares about the kids or maybe even kids in general. She's probably not the demon her reputation depicts her to be.

"Is there any chance you'd let me go?" I asked, testing the waters a bit.

She laughed, as if I'd just told the funniest joke she'd heard all week.

Then she seemed to realize I was serious. (At that she laughed even harder.)

"Listen, I've killed over twenty people this week," she deadpanned, "One more ain't gonna make much difference,"