Chapter 7

**Lizzy**

After we had finished eating, I decided to join Jax back on the couch. We put in one of the many DVD's I had laying around, and watched "The Blues Brothers."

Truthfully the movie is so outdated it hurts, but it was one favorite that both of our dads shared. They used to have nights dedicated to it; going as far as to dress up as characters from the show on Halloween. Mainly being the Blues Brothers.

Big names like Dan Aykroyd, Aretha Franklin, Carrie Fisher, and Frank Oz were in it.

The movie is about two brothers who reunite after being in prison for a good bit of time. They have to raise $5,000 for an orphanage that they grew up in as children, and they're convinced they can do it if they get their old band back together. They play some gigs, making some enemies along the way, which include the police, and they face the biggest challenge which is delivering the money on time.

It's a great movie, and it promptly earned a sequel in the 2000's, and to no one's surprise; was a burst at the box office.

Jax stretched out, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Wow real slick there, Teller," I snared; resting my head on him, and settling in as close to him as I could.

The corner of Jax's lips curled into a mischievous smirk, "should I have added a yawn." He removed his arm, stretched out yet again, and yawned. Making me want to yawn along with him.

"Not the yawn," I pushed on him, playfully trying to distance myself. Jax's hold got tighter, keeping me close to him.

My eyes darted to the digital clock on the DVD player. "8:30 P.M."

"Shit it's getting late," I mumbled.

"And? So what, grandma. We got all night." Jax's tone was immature to say the least. I was a bit more sober, unlike him who probably cleared my fridge of beer.

"It's past my bedtime," I whined. Jax rolled his eyes at me, like that was supposed to instantly change my mind. "What're we gonna do all night? Braid each other's hair?" I'm sure if I let myself give in; we would be playing with each other's hair. Except, there would be tugging and pulling. "You gotta ask your mom before you can have a sleepover here."

Jax chuckled; planting a kiss on my forehead.

I looked up, feeling heat rise along with my gaze. His murky blue eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips.

"How many times are we gonna do this?" I leaned in closer.

"Do what," he said, adding more space between us.

"Don't act dumb, Jax. We did this last night. Flirt. Get super close, and nothing happens."

Maybe I was a little bit more in my cups than I expected. I have to be if I'm bringing this up.

"Would you like something to happen?"

That was a question I hadn't mentally prepared myself for. Within all the monologues I had made up in my head; that was something I had completely looked over. Then again my mind has been on how his body looked after he had gotten out of the shower, and how it would feel pressed against mine.

I cleared my throat. Truthfully, I don't think I could safely answer that question without saying "Yes, take me now on the couch you douchebag."

"Liz."

My eyes flicked from his crotch back up to his face. "I don't know, you tell me." I snapped back to reality.

This excited Jax. He got up close in my face; almost cornering me near the armrest of the couch. "You want it so bad? Do something about it," his voice was a low rumble.