Chapter 14

It had been a week of Jax and I going back to old habits. This time around Jax felt more attentive of me. He started calling me before he came home from work, and showing up during my lunch breaks. It felt weird to have him actually feel like this was more than him and I messing around. I told him nothing of the meeting between the bitchy agent and her golden retriever. I figured it would be best to keep something like that to myself. Stahl made it a point to make sure I saw her at least once a day, and if I hadn't been at work the lady would be dead in a ditch.

"Liz, come on we're gonna be late!" Jax yelled.

"Since when do you care about being late?" I asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

Jax eyed me from the bed and smirked. He had a gray hoodie on with his leather SONS cut over it, a pair of baggy medium wash jeans, and white sneakers. While I wore a white long sleeve shirt, a pair of distressed jeans, and my combat boots.

"Perfect. Sure you won't get cold?" Jax asked as I walked to him. He rested his hands on my hips and smiled looking up at me.

"I'll just steal your hoodie." I laughed as he messed up my hair. This go around I wasn't really concerned about my looks. I didn't care about how much boob I needed to show. Jax would get to see them tonight regardless of how much I drank.

"Not while I'm driving." He replied in a snarky tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I huffed, going back into my closet to grab the old reliable leather jacket.

"Perfect." He smiled happily as he leaned against the doorframe. "You sure you wanna come tonight?" Jax said as his smile quickly faded to an expression of unease.

"You know when you say things like that it makes me think you don't want me to go." I replied in a sassy tone. "If you don't want me to, you need to speak now."
I knew he meant well. Being there meant I had to confront everyone who had seen the massive blow out between Jax and I. I was the one who defaced the prince, and who had rejected him after he accepted me. No woman in Charming would dare to do that.

"Trust me, I want you there." He held my hands. "I just don't want you to feel like I'm forcing you to go."

I narrowed my eyes on him. "You know damn well you can't make me do anything." I said in a stern tone, and smirked at him. His blue eyes seemed to sparkle as I closed the space between us with a short lived kiss. Jax grabbed my wrist quickly and pulled me back into another.

"I'd like to test that theory." He said as his fingers grazed the skin of my neck as if he was about to wrap his hand around my throat in a tight necklace. I started to feel excited.

"What would you make me do?" I said seductively, my hand tracing the waistband of his jeans, which hung loosely at his hips.

Jax bit his lip, keeping his hand wrapped loosely around my throat and smiled mischievously. "Be good and I might show you tonight."

I groaned and pushed him away. "Meanie." I said, grabbing my bag and leaving my bedroom.

—------------------------------

When we had arrived at the club house it wasn't like everyone didn't see me on the back of Jax's bike or him pulling me into a kiss. If people hadn't been watching I could have let him do whatever he wanted to me right out in the parking lot. I almost wanted to hide myself then, but he didn't let me. Jax acted like no time had passed between the two of us. As if the fight had never happened and everyone there hadn't seen me punch him a month ago.