Fifty three: Curiosity [5]

"That's Luna, isn't it?" Josephina pointed out of the blue as she saw from not too far a familiar face.

The two person that was with her— Arlo and Elaina glance over to where Josephina was looking at.

Arlo nodded, "It is, and she's with Shiki." He said.

Elaina who squinted her eyes to see afar said "is it me or they're always together?"

The three immensely watched the two sitting at the bench alone as they were discussing something, until A silver haired and lime colored haired girl halted in front of them. They talked for about a minute as they eventually left the two alone again.

Arlo watched as the two began to talk again, but Luna seems to have spaced out and oddly scoffs a minute after which made Shiki to glance over to her. He saw how she became flustered by the fact that she scoffed unknowingly, which made him chuckle slightly.

"The heck are you laughing there, weirdo?" Elaina rolled her eyes at Arlo as she nudges him over.

"I just couldn't help but think that their interaction is cute." He stated, smiling.

"Cute?! The hell are you talking about?" She dissed, disagreeing with him. "What if that blue haired guy is planning on kidnapping her! What do you mean cute?!"

"...I think they're cute." Josephina agreed.

"What?!" Elaina burst.

"I.. I mean— That boy never really interacted to anyone in the group Luna is in right now, a..and, I only ever saw him with Luna or his sister together, I thought that their friendship is kinda cute." Josephina uttered, panicking as she saw her sister's expression.

"Cute?! You call that cute? Aren't his family run by assassins?! What if he kills her?!" Elaina burst.

Arlo and Josephina glance upon each other as they sighed in unison.

"That was all in their past, almost 3 decades ago," Arlo stated. "Beside, they have strong spot in the celestum, if their representative ever did a misconduct so far as killing, they'll get dismissed from their seat. I heard that the current representative of the House drust that got a seat was Shiki and Rei's Elder brother."

Upon the celebratory of the goddess Contellensi or most commonly known as Celestine, with the belief of being the source of all magical powers— ancient times had thought of creating a ranking system where it consist of the twelve zodiacs.

It is believed that every being living are blessed with tremendous amount of magic and is able to become a so called guardian for this world. Upon this assumption Celestum was created. The high ranking mages if you must.

There are four ways to be able to be a representative or be one of the twelve Zodiacs.

Firstly, a recommendation— given the fact that almost every decade, there is a same house that sat continuously in specific seats, but of course, you must show the others that you're fit for the role. A recommendation is the most common yet also risky way to get a seat.

Second, Recruitment— it is a way where each zodiac pick 3 to 4 students within prestigious magic schools. However, most of the chosen candidates are 4th years or graduated within the specific school for not more than 3 years.

Third, challenging them— there is a rule within Celestum, that whoever get to defeat a guardian would be able to take their seat from them. It is one of the most crucial way to get in, the challenger might end up dying as a result.

"Oh to hell with Celestum! All they do is sit around until something serious happen. They couldn't even get rid of the people who had got their hands onto black magic. Ha! So much for being the guardian."  Elaina Scoffed.

Arlo frowned from Elaina's statement, "Don't cross the line Elaina, you could be killed by them, they hold authority in a lot of places." He warned, but Elaina just gave him a shrug.

"...Not unless I kill them first and get their precious seat away from them." She muttered indifferently.

And fourth, killing them. It isn't very much a common way, but there have been a lot of deceased and previous Guardians who vehemently assassinated the past guardians before them. They were eventually called as the 'Depraved Celestials' or 'Dark Guardians'.

Unlike the 3rd option, the fourth option was an illegal conduct. For the first guardian who had experience this, it was written in books that their assassin just casually burst into the celestum holding the head of the guardian they killed and claimed the place as theirs.

The other guardian went into rage and attacked the person, but for some reason they couldn't beat them and eventually the person declared that what he did was still acceptable, for both they and the guardian wanted the fight.

Why would it be illegal then? A challenge for the seat must have a witness such as the other guardians and mages. It helps them to prevent malicious move or ambush.

However, due to the fact that none of them witness what happened and the person was annoyingly stubborn they had no choice but to accept the person.

"Elaina!" Josephina shouted, shocking her two companions and catching the attention of others nearby. Josephina slouched as her face was flustered by her sudden yell , "Y...you shouldn't say something like that."

Elaina looked at her twin with remorse and eventually uttered an apology.

Arlo sighed as his large slender hand pat Elaina and Josephina's head, and smiled "How about we get something to eat?" He suggested.

The twin eventually nodded.

Meanwhile, inside the classroom of class A.

"Kyaaaah! Put me down! Put me down!"

Rei who was levitating as she was being held by Austin tightly screamed as she tried to move, but it was no use. Her whole body was immobilized.

"Hey you bastard! What the hell do you think your doing?! Put her down now! And undo this!" Yelled Remus furiously. As he was on the floor unable to move too.

Austin only looked at him as if he were bug and sighed. "Look here bud', I don't really have time for this, just don't meddle anymore. I'll bring her back later."

"The f*ck?! Why are you saying that you're borrowing me like some kind of doll?! And Put me down now!" Rei angrily yelled at him making Austin winced.

"Just stop resisting will you? I'll bring you back later to him. You're mine for now." He said as he once again glance down to Remus and to the sleeping Daryll. "Don't worry I won't do anything funny, but I'll be borrowing her for a bit. Well then, see you."

In a blink of an eye Rei and Austin vanished in mid air. And it was also at that moment where the immobilization and sleeping magic got undone. Remus was finally able to move and Daryll was able to wake up, yawning.

"Where's Rei?" Daryll asked the first thing he saw Remus standing up.

"That #&@-#:*-#;@:*...!" Curses were the only thing that got out of Remus's mouth, ignoring Daryll's question.

On the other hand, Daryll crouch into the corner trembling as Remus continues to spat heavy curses he had never heard in his entire life.