Chapter 9

Vox machina, Archibald and Cassandra were now running from the horde of zombies, Y/n was slightly falling behind as he could still feel the pain from the dragon scales. Grog then picked up Y/n and started to run away from the horde, while Y/n was being carried he looked back to the horde and clapped his hands together and put them behind Grog, this caused Y/n's alchemy circle to appear and shoot rays of light at the zombies killing some of them but Y/n could feel the dragon scales start to duplicate and grow. Percy then saw Archibald fight some zombies but got overwelled and killed.

Percy " ARCHIE! "

Vex " Not enough time, lets go. "

Y/n looked at his scales.

Y/n " I need more time. "

Grog " What buddy? "

Y/n " The tree at the center of Whitestone. "

Percy " It's a good as place as any. "

They all ran to the tree to see other members of the city and the resistance, Scanlan was then bitten by a zombie.

Scanlan " AHHH Fuck! "

Vex then looked at it.

Vex " Could be worse. "

Scanlan " How could it be worse? "

Vex " Could be my arm. "

Cassandra " You'll lose the arm within the hour. "

Scanlan " But I need this arm to do stuff, Y/n can you help? "

Y/n " No I need to do something more important, Grog lean me against the tree. "

Grog leaned Y/n against the tree, Cassandra then saw his scales.

Cassandra " Y/n what is that? "

Y/n " I gift from something ... This is going to hurt. "

Y/n clapped his hands together and put them on the floor then Y/n's alchemy circle appeared and surrounded the group in a shield of light.

Y/n " Someone come up with a plan and fast. "

Percy then turned to the other resistant members and the town people then started to make a speech to them, which encouraged them to fight. Vex saw this and smiled, Y/n dropped the barrier of light and he dropped to his knees. The towns people then started to fight the zombies but they were getting pushed back along with vox machina.

Percy "  It was an honour fighting with you. "

Vax " It was a valent effort friend. "

Everyone then looked up to see the everlight symbol and then something drop down killing a giant zombie, it turned out to be Pike but glowing gold she turned to the others.

Pike " Sup. "

Keyleth " Holy shit Pike. "

Vox machina then walked up to Pike.

Scanlan " Wow you look like an angel. "

Scanlan then groaned in pain and Pike saw his arm, Pike touched his arm and it healed.

Scanlan " Aha marry me? "

Pike " Ok lets do it right now. "

Scanlan " Wait what seriously? "

Pike " Hahaha no, it's good to see you too Scanlan. [ turns to the others ] Hey everyone huh ... "

Grog " [ runs up to Pike and hugs her ] I missed you such much. Pike you're glowing and buzzing ... are you dead? "

Pike " Astral projection. "

Grog " Your ass what? "

Pike " My body is back at the temple but my spirit is here, I still felt that bear hug though. Anyway lets talk about it later. "

Pike then used her magic to imbue the peoples weapons with holy magic.

Pike " Go and crush some fucking skulls. "

The towns people then started to kill the zombies and Y/n grabbed his chest and started to breathe heavily, the others saw this.

Vex " Jesus Y/n are you ok? "

Y/n " No my body is being altered, it feels like something is ripping itself out of me. "

Pike " Let me help. "

Y/n " You can't it's already set in stone I just need to power through it. "

Y/n then got up and was struggling to stand.

Y/n " So the Briarwoods then? "

They all nodded and Grog picked up Y/n and they all started to walk to the Briarwood mansion along the ay Trixhea contacted Y/n.

Trixhea " Y/n listen don't try to fight this change it will only make it worse. "

Y/n " What is happening? "

Trixhea " Percy's demon the thing you sensed in him caused a curse in you, it targeted the part of brimscythe you took and is making it change you. "

Y/n " How long will it take? "

Trixhea " I don't know but when it is done you will be different. "

Trixhea then stopped talking to Y/n and Y/n saw that they were at the Briarwood mansion, they entered and went into the dungeon.

Keyleth " This is nice Percy. "

Percy " This is the dungeon. "

They kept walking and saw someone in a cell.

??? " Wait if you are going against the Briarwoods then I can help you. "

Everyone turned to the person in the cell to see a woman.

Percy " Ripley. "

Ripley " If you free me then I'll help you with the Briarwoods. "

Vax " Ok then. "

Vax starts to pick the lock but Percy puts his mask on and aims his pepper box at Ripley.

Percy " This is the only freedom I offer you. "

Y/n puts himself in between the pepper box and Ripley.

Y/n " Percy don't. "

Percy goes to pull the trigger but stops and he puts his mask away, Y/n then fells another scale appear.

Ripley " Well if it isn't Y/n, how you been? "

Y/n " I don't know you and I'n not doing good. "

Y/n then falls but Grog catches him.

Ripley " Oh but I know you, you see you were an experiment of mine to see what someone would offer to stop torture and you sold your soul to Trixhea. "

Y/n " ... "

Trixhea then spoke in Y/n's mind.

Trixhea " It's true Y/n. "

Y/n " Percy shoot her. "

Vex " No she can help us find the Briarwoods and stop them. "

Y/n " Cool. "

Vax picked the lock and Ripley walked out but Percy took all the devices Ripley was making.

Percy " Take us to the ziggurat. "

Ripley started to lead vox machina and Cassandra to the ziggurat and as she did the screen turns black as this chapter ends 

Author note : I hope you enjoy

see ya next time bye 

Words : 1038