Chapter one.

Bruces POV.

I was getting ready for my upcoming baseball game. I was filled with excitement. It wasn't an important game nor a big one, I'm just always happy to play baseball. Well..I'm actually happy that my friend goes to my baseball games to watch me play. He's always there and I never expected that from Vance Hopper. He's one of the people you'd think would just sit on a couch and watch TV all day or play his pinball machine at Grab n Go mart without getting tired after standing for hours..But I guess he has other things other than playing pinball all day. Anyways, I love it when I spot out his blonde hair in the crowd. It gives me the butterflies whenever he makes eye contact with me or waves slightly at me as I play the game. I gotta admit...I do like him. A lot. I've liked him for so long, even though he hates everyone and possibly doesn't like me back..I still love him no matter what. 

"Bruce! You're going to be late to your game!" My mother yelled from downstairs; I realized I had zoned out for quite a while. Shit. I rushed out of my room with all of my equipment for baseball, hurriedly rushing out of the front door and into my father's car. I would usually take my bike, but my father offered me a ride plus my legs did ache from the last game...So why turn down a faster way to get to my game? 

 Once I got to the parking lot in front of the baseball, I thanked my father and rushed out of the car. I had some time to kill, so I decided to see if Vance would like to talk for a bit if he's already here. I started to walk into the growing crowd, smiling once I saw Vance. He looked at me and started to walk near me. I waved, Vance waving back.

He wasn't waving at me. He was waving at some random guy who was behind me. I felt so embarrassed, I felt like knocking myself out with my bat. I looked over from behind my shoulder to get a better look at them, noticing how the guy and Vance looked so similar...Until I noticed that the guy is Vance's brother! I always knew Vance had a brother, but I never noticed that he played baseball...Probably because he's on the other team I've been playing against. No wonder why Vance has been coming to my games lately. I've been having rematches with his brother's team, as well as games...

My blood started to boil as I saw Vance's brother whisper something to Vance while looking at me, both of them snickering quietly. I ignored them and walked out to the field as the coach called out for us. As I got to my place, I thought about how Vance isn't here for me. He's here for his brother. I feel so stupid for thinking that he was here for just me. 

The sound of the crowd gasping and growing silent broke me away from overthinking. I noticed that I missed the ball, I quickly got back into my position as my coach yelled something I couldn't hear.

Once the game ended, I rushed out of there. Usually, Vance's mom would come up to me and tell me how great I was and how well I played out there in the field. Vance would come with her as well and talk to me for a bit before I left. But I didn't want to talk to Vance after what had happened before the game started. 

As I got into my dad's car, I waited for my father to come back from the crowd. My mother couldn't go to the game since she was dealing with my sister, so my father offered to go. I noticed Vance, his mom, and his brother walk out of the entrance of the field. Vance's mom somehow noticed me in my father's car, my stomach sunk. Before she could walk over, my father came out of nowhere and opened the door. 

I jumped, my father apologized for scaring me and started the car up to drive home. As he drove, I thought about what happened. My heart ached as I thought about it more, sinking into the passenger seat of my father's car. 

(First chapter of this story, I hope you guys liked it.)